Options

ISC2 to issue digital badges showing your certifications.

TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
Received the email the other day. More info on the below link. I think it's pretty cool and will definitely use it on LinkedIn, blogs, forums, etc.

https://www.isc2.org/digital-badges/default.aspx

Comments

• Options
    richymartinrichymartin Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yeah I got that too, interesting! Like a virtual business card I guess!
  • Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Looking forward to linking it in LinkedIn. ISACA had it since last year.
    Here is a sample
  • Options
    cbkihongcbkihong Member Posts: 52 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wow! Thanks for forwarding the tips regarding badge images. Ddin't know that.
  • Options
    jayc71jayc71 Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That's interesting...thanks! Also, I see you have the CCSP cert. I'm planning to take that soon, any tips, thoughts or suggestions?
    CISSP, CCSP, CCSK, Sec+, AWS CSA/Developer/Sysops Admin Associate, AWS CSA Pro, AWS Security - Specialty, ITILv3, Scrummaster, MS, BS, AS, my head hurts.
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    jayc71 wrote: »
    That's interesting...thanks! Also, I see you have the CCSP cert. I'm planning to take that soon, any tips, thoughts or suggestions?
    Jay I posted a thread on this back in February. You can read it below for any tips. Your AWS certificate or experience will help you pass the CCSP if you go for it.
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/cloud-certifications/117662-passed-ccsp-certified-cloud-security-professional.html
  • Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just got the (ISC)2 has issued you a badge mail. I loved it!
  • Options
    heyooh1989heyooh1989 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Does anyone know how to add the CISSP badge to your google email? Thanks!!
  • Options
    gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Tried to play with them and didn't find them particularly useful. Maybe it can save you a few seconds while populating your linkedin profile with the certs but no other meaningful use. Don't want to put it in my email signature as it will be a URL and sending URLs in emails unless it's necessary isn't the best practice in my eyes.
  • Options
    coffeeisgoodcoffeeisgood Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
    i added the CISSP badge to my linkedin

it came a few days after i cleared my endorsement (so about a month after turning in your paperwork)

it was a nice touch although i have a strange grammer question if you are a Jr.

so if your name is

John Smith, Jr.

on your resume do you add a second ,

John Smith, Jr., CISSP

or no , ?

John Smith, Jr. CISSP

sigh... this should be so minor but it is bugging me.
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You write the signature like a clause, with the comma at the end. Though either could be considered appropriate.

Want to get the pedantic answer? Grammar Forum - Grammar Questions & Answers, Discussions

- b/eads