Options

Need advice to crack Network Security interview

santhosh93499santhosh93499 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All, I am more interested and passionate about getting in to Network Security, so I prepared setting up lab on Checkpoint Firewall, Cisco ASA, F5 LTM, CCNA Security/R&S(CBT Nuggets and loads of online resources and books on ASA and ccna certification) and started to give interview, till now I gave 3 interviews in all the interviews some questions were easy but some were not, for example.

1. How to configure NAT?. When I ask him whether is it through GUI or shell, he simply says it can be done either ways but tell me how to configure NAT irrespective of router,ASA...or any device?
2.If client asks you to block an IP address from Inside network, how you'll implement? I say through access lists, but he seems not satisfied by the answer what I give.
and all such questions, may be I don't know the answers as I really don't work in the relevant domain, but I have basic idea on how SOC works as I have experience on IT Helpdesk and currently working in Production Support based on SQL/UNIX but I am more desperate to get in to Network Security.
And also I've attached roles and responsibilities on DROPBOX(https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ffluuquoy70db5/Techexam.docx?dl=0) as I could not to the thread, because some recruiters call and ask me to edit it with all the roles I was performing, after editing they wont be satisfied and don't send me call letter.

Could anyone please provide advice on cracking interview and what kind of questions to expect in interview based on Cisco ASA, Checkpoint, F5 LTM, Bluecoat Proxy and optionals like Fortinet and Dell SonicWALL.

Also the scope of Network Security as Networking is rumored to be automated in future due to cloud technology advancement.

Comments