Options

Where to learn how to design networks?

dppagcdppagc Member Posts: 293
Question as above. Are there any cisco design tools or where can I go to if I need help?

Comments

• Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    There's the Cisco design zone which helps you with validated designs but remember: These are generic validated designs and recommendations. Individual environments, requirements, etc can often take you off the CVD path. They're a good baselines though.

As far as learning how to design network in general, that comes from experience and understanding both the needs of the business and the technology. Unfortunately, there's no one school or certification that can teach you that. More like time and experience as you're learning.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    dppagcdppagc Member Posts: 293
    Do you mind giving me the link to it? Cisco design tools only seem to work if you know the design
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    It's not a tool persay. It's a bunch of whitepaper designs that are generic: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/enterprise/design-zone/index.html
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    Iris is on key. It changes depending on the corporation. The biggest thing that helped me was learning via the CCDP book and even then that wasn't key that was just the Cisco way for the exams but it taught me how to make sure my core and distribution layers were properly redundant and the base knowledge for efficiency which was a big step in understanding more than anything.