Options

relocation contract no longer valid?

dome625dome625 Member Posts: 13 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

My scenario:
My employer is making changes that are getting bit uncomfortable for me. Since starting we've had two managers quit and now the work has fallen to one VP, one manager and about 7 staff. The mgmt team has decided to not allow us to move upwards mobility wise by eliminating the positions for us to progress into. I've asked and it was confirmed that this is the case for us all even though we're expected to pick up additional duties to support the team.
I signed a contract with Company A and since joining the company and going through a split I have been left working with Company B. Company A still exists, but I was not moved to that group. My relocation contract was signed while we were Company A, but is it still valid if I leave Company B before the end of it? In short I'm ready to leave before the situation I perceive leaves me out on the curb when it's inconvenient for me due to cutbacks currently going on.

Comments

• Options
    kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    Did you write this contract yourself or did the company or a recruitment agency?

If a recruitment agency ask them how it will affect you but you leaving early does nothing usually but terminate the contract unless you have specifics that state you have to be there XYZ for ABC to happen.
  • Options
    dome625dome625 Member Posts: 13 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It was basically relocation assistance to another state so the contract was for me to be a direct employee. The stipulation was that if I left within two years I would owe the entire expense back. My thought train is now that Company A (who I signed on with) is now a separate company I am no longer obligated to the company I'm with now. I could be wrong but I believe my contract is null.
  • Options
    kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    Best way to CYA is ask whomever wrote the contract how does this work now that I am no longer part of Company A. (TECHNICALLY you should be right but there is so many loopholes to all that... IIIIIIII am gonna stay outta that part)