Options

GSNA vs. CISA

g33k3rg33k3r Member Posts: 249 ■■□□□□□□□□
What are people's thoughts on the GSNA vs. CISA? I am pretty slammed with a new job but am doing some research on what would be the next best certification. The CISSP was a lot of work, but now I am actually having to apply these concepts (GRC) in real life. Given my limited amount of time and energy, I'd like the next cert to offer value beyond extra letters on my business card :)

Comments

• Options
    TacoRocketTacoRocket Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□
    g33k3r wrote: »
    What are people's thoughts on the GSNA vs. CISA? I am pretty slammed with a new job but am doing some research on what would be the next best certification. The CISSP was a lot of work, but now I am actually having to apply these concepts (GRC) in real life. Given my limited amount of time and energy, I'd like the next cert to offer value beyond extra letters on my business card :)

I think that as much that SANS is liked in the Security world the GSNA isn't really heard of.

The CISA is though.
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Consider the CISA as a stand alone certification whereas SANS Institute is considered training or part of larger cert (GSE) and Master's degree program.

- b/eads
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback! I just can't believe the CISA is all done on paper and only offered a few times a year.
  • Options
    TacoRocketTacoRocket Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□
    g33k3r wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback! I just can't believe the CISA is all done on paper and only offered a few times a year.

I think that is how most if not all ISACA tests are done.
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    The CyberSecurity Nexus series exams are a mixture of online and remote proctor. No paper option.
  • Options
    I saw the Nexus exam but wondered if any employers are asking for it.