Options

Started OSCP 4/9/2016

13»

Comments

• Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!!!!

I see you cleared it in two months. How many hours/days did you dedicate to it?
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass!!!!

I see you cleared it in two months. How many hours/days did you dedicate to it?

I spent a good 4-5 hours a day on average. At first since I took the 90 day package I wanted to do 3 hours a day and 6-8 hours on the weekend but the labs are so addictive so I started spending more time on them. I would also like to mention to others here that I didn't root the two of the big guns in Sufferance and Humble and still managed to pass the exam. Although I would still like to get them before my lab time expires in about 25 days.

One thing I'd also like to say is I didn't use Offsec's VM at all during the course and exam, I used my own 64-bit Kali. So it is possible to do everything without the VM they suggest to use. And I'll say it for other people who are wondering like I did before starting this course, programming knowledge is not required but it is strongly suggested. I would say you need to be able to "read" certain languages to know what it's doing. Some exploits are somewhat confusing to understand so the more you know the better off you'll be.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with the course as I learned quite a few but I have to admit I am a bit disappointed as there's some stuff I wanted to learn that isn't much covered in this course or not at all. I have read a few books before starting this so it was almost as if I was just applying the techniques I learned in those books. But don't get me wrong, I still loved this course and learned a lot and I suggest it to anyone who wishes to take it.

After my lab time expires or when I'm done with all VMs in the labs, I'll look into either doing the OSWP or do a Python or ASM course on Security Tube as I need to up my game in that domain as I want to slowly start preparing for the OSCE.