Options

Recommendations on certification for a BBA MIS degree

chinguchingu Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello I'm new to this forum and am looking to get some helpful information from you guys. I'm currently going to school to obtain a BBA MIS degree and after looking at career options I would be most interested in a network and computer systems administrator or a computer and information systems/IT manager. I enjoy dealing with computer hardware as well. I don't have any IT work experience but want to be a little more prepared before I graduate. I also have a microcomputer associates degree. I was wondering which certifications would be helpful to obtain my goal. I know I'm kind of all over the place with what I'd like as a career but I'm just testing the waters to see what I'd need to do and after I do more research it'll be easier to make a decision. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    chinguchingu Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Bump...anybody? :D
  • Options
    $bvb379$bvb379 Member Posts: 155
    Focus on internships/co-ops if you are still in college and have a few semesters left. I have gotten some stick for this on this forum because it seems the consensus is that no one has done this but I have seen most of my friends get high paying jobs in the tech field right out of college due to internships/co-ops. Remember, internships/co-ops are considered professional/relevant experience. My neighbor has his bachelor's in MIS and a minor in CIS and started working for PWC right out of college, making $80,000 +, he is 22 years old. It can be done. There is more of a systematic process to getting a job now than ever before. Can't wait to see the "THIS CAN"T BE DONE" PM's and replies come in icon_rolleyes.gif.