Passed the CCSK - A few pointers

dctgibsondctgibson Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi All, just passed the CCSK with an 80% mark....whew, that was close. I found the exam to be a little more challenging than expected. Sure it's an open book test, but it certainly does not make the exam any easier. Quick thoughts while its fresh on my mind:
  • Appeared to be questions from each domain
  • Very few "wordy" questions
  • Mix of True/False, multiple choice and one or two fill-in the blanks
  • Multiple choice with "wordy" answers that had multiple similarities
  • Don't spend too much time on any one answer - you would be surprised how fast time flies during the exam
  • A handful of Enisa questions
  • Absorb the "Recommendations and Requirements" sections of the guide
The CSA v3 guide really is sufficient for you to pass....if you have a background in securing virtual environments, that would be a plus. An understanding of cloud provider/customer roles and responsibilities would be helpful, too.

For $345 with the opportunity to take it twice and with the growing need for cloud security expertise, it was worth it. I love security, so reading the CSA guide was not all that bad - solid, basic, easy-to-read material. Some of it was repetitive, but for good reason. Studied the material for two straight weeks.

If you are on the fence regarding taking the exam, I would recommend you do....get it out the way with and move on. Wish you the best.

Comments

• JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • dctgibsondctgibson Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks JoJo and NetworkNewb,

@NetworkNewb, I am still thinking about the CCSP as I purchased ISC2's CCSP training videos, but those videos really did me no good. Not blaming the video, though...blaming myself. Had a tough time with the guy doing the training. Just didn't work for me, but the completing the training and final questions got me 40 CPEs towards my CISSP. I think I'm going to stick with the CCSK for now. Went to an ISSA meeting, mentioned CCSK and found a couple of folks planning to take the exam.

Your method of using two laptops is not a bad idea. 92% is pretty good. You know they have the CSA Study Guide 4.0 coming?
  • virtualizationGvirtualizationG Member Posts: 19 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Appreciate the info. Going to take my exam in the next two days.
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • DharmarajaDharmaraja Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Head up next to CCSP :)))
  • jayc71jayc71 Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!! I'm studying for the CCSP and have looked at the CCSK as well. I've been thinking about taking it before sitting the CCSP. Thanks for the tips!
    CISSP, CCSP, CCSK, Sec+, AWS CSA/Developer/Sysops Admin Associate, AWS CSA Pro, AWS Security - Specialty, ITILv3, Scrummaster, MS, BS, AS, my head hurts.
  • gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • bettsy584bettsy584 Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good going, I just passed it also, not used the theory much yet.
  • ansel1261ansel1261 Member Posts: 24 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for the information. Great tips!!