Options

Studying for 70-410, Expect test June 1st - When 2016 released how does this affect

daboomerdaboomer Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
icon_rolleyes.gifI am studying my butt off for 70-410 and I expect to test the beginning of June. So with the release of Server 2016 how will this affect my ability to test for MCSA... Will I still be able to finish the 70-411 and 412 track? Will I have to take the new version of 70-410 whatever number that will be? Will I take the equivelant version of 2016 for 411 and 412 if I cant finish soon enough? What happens to people trying to pass these tests if Microsoft releases a new server right after their first exam?

Comments

• Options
    AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'll put your mind at ease by telling you that even though they're releasing 2016 you'll still be able to continue with the Server 2012 R2 track for quite some time. Actually, the MCITP for Server 2008 (equivalent for MCSA 2012) is still available to test on and that's an 8 year old operating system. If you're interested in taking the 2012 R2 MCSA go ahead and take it and then after you pass all 3 tests and become MCSA certified you'll probably be eligible to take just 1 upgrade exam to the 2016 rather than having to take all 3 tests again. I say you'll PROBABLY be eligible because Microsoft hasn't yet released the info for the 2016 tests but if you look at their past history with the exams you have to take several the first time to get the certification and then only 1 to upgrade to the latest. Seeing as how they still haven't retired the 2008 certification or even announced that it's planning on being retired soon and since 2012 is only 4 years old I'd imagine you'll have plenty of time to get the cert before MS retires it
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • Options
    Also, most companies aren't going to go out and immediately upgrade to 2016 anyway so the 2012 certification itself will still be highly valuable for quite some time.
    All the best,
    Anderson

• Options
    powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It may even be easier than taking an upgrade exam... Microsoft is moving to a model to allow Microsoft Virtual Academy course completion to count as recertification... so it may not be so bad, soon.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • Options
    daviddwsdaviddws Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    powerfool wrote: »
    It may even be easier than taking an upgrade exam... Microsoft is moving to a model to allow Microsoft Virtual Academy course completion to count as recertification... so it may not be so bad, soon.

We can only hope.
  • Options
    powerfool wrote: »

That would be awesome
    All the best,
    Anderson