Options

Taking test on Friday, need some advice

orchestratororchestrator Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey all,
I am scheduled to take the exam on Friday April 29th! I'm very nervous for the first time ever, even though I've passed over 10 certifications in my life without any issue before...

How would you rate Transcender vs McGraw Hill and why? Right now, I'm really frustrated with McGraw Hill. I'm scoring ~90% on Transcender for all questions in each domain and ~70% on McGraw Hill. I haven't passed a single McGraw Hill test yet and truthfully, it's really getting under my skin. It's making me feel like I'm going to fail this test, even though I've prepared as best as I could have.

I used Eric Conrad's 3rd Edition to study, but now I'm really second guessing myself. Has anybody used both Eric Conrad and Sybex's books, taken the test, and found items that were on the test that weren't covered in Conrad's book? I also read 11th hour CISSP, but it's also by Conrad...

Do I need to memorize ISO and NIST document numbers and what they do? McGraw Hill tested me on 5 of them in one single question.

I'm seeing conflicting information on if I need to memorize Orange Book levels. Are these gone?

Comments

• Options
    ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Hey all,
    I am scheduled to take the exam on Friday April 29th! I'm very nervous for the first time ever, even though I've passed over 10 certifications in my life without any issue before...

How would you rate Transcender vs McGraw Hill and why? Right now, I'm really frustrated with McGraw Hill. I'm scoring ~90% on Transcender for all questions in each domain and ~70% on McGraw Hill. I haven't passed a single McGraw Hill test yet and truthfully, it's really getting under my skin. It's making me feel like I'm going to fail this test, even though I've prepared as best as I could have.

I used Eric Conrad's 3rd Edition to study, but now I'm really second guessing myself. Has anybody used both Eric Conrad and Sybex's books, taken the test, and found items that were on the test that weren't covered in Conrad's book? I also read 11th hour CISSP, but it's also by Conrad...

Do I need to memorize ISO and NIST document numbers and what they do? McGraw Hill tested me on 5 of them in one single question.

I'm seeing conflicting information on if I need to memorize Orange Book levels. Are these gone?

First let me say this, the majority of the content on a particular exam can come from any of the 8 domains. If found the test from McGraw hill to be a deeper dive than what was asked on the actual exam. The Sybex 7th ed. was the best resource I used. I would familiarize myself with the DOD/NIST docs and their purpose. HAve you tried the Cybrary videos? They are free and they can really bring everything together at the last minute.