ISSEP Scheduled for May 11

wacky5wacky5 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've read other posts on how to approach this and followed in their steps. In preparation for this exam I've successfully passed the CAP exam and read through the official CBK 1st edition (my ignorant self didn't find out there was a 2nd edition until after reading the last page). I've also studied everything from the following posts:

Thread: Passed ISSEP!!! - by dou2ble
Thread: ISSEP Pass - Review - by Johnnyg

I've got to be quite honest, the amount of information is overwhelming. I've read all the documents and understand them at a high level but don't think that I could recall specifics even if I studied them all for a year! However, I understand the SE/ISSE process, policies, C&A, and technology management enough to provide steps/details/deliverables. I have over 12 years of systems/network engineering, information assurance, and IT management. From previous posts, I think that this will be the toughest exam I've taken so far.

If anyone has passed the exam more recently has any suggestions or tips for study, I would greatly appreciate it! Also, if you already have CAP does that automatically qualify you for ISSEP endorsement since C&A is one of the domains?

Thanks.

-wacky5

Comments

• wacky5wacky5 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Disappointed that I didn't get any feedback. The only test where I didn't know if I passed or not. Thankfully I did passed with the resources in original post above.
  • ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    wacky5 wrote: »
    Disappointed that I didn't get any feedback. The only test where I didn't know if I passed or not. Thankfully I did passed with the resources in original post above.

Congrats on your Pass! I'm Jealous.
  • gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats! Now, to "how I passed" section, why don't you share with us how you did it.