Options

Taking CISSP Tomorrow

webpriestesswebpriestess Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello Everyone!

This is it - today is my last chance before I take the exam tomorrow at 8am. I've gotten my practice test average up to an 82 or an 83 (survival mode on CCCure is mid 80s - Transcender is high 70s). Anyways, I think I have done all that I can possibly do to prepare. Any last minute advice or tips?

My plan tomorrow is to get up early tomorrow and eat a huge healthy breakfast. When I get to the test site, I'm going to spend about 45 minutes or so going over my chosen flash cards and my notes. Then I will take a 10-15 minute walk to clear my head, watch Kelly's video: https://www.cybrary.it/video/part-3-tenets-of-secure-design/ and then go in to take the exam.

I want to thank everyone for sharing their experience with the exam. There has been such great news here lately on people passing for the first time and it's so inspirational and gives me so much hope. I really appreciate everyone who has responded to me when I reached out and needed some support.

Wish me luck guys! <3
::Claudia

Comments

• Options
    sectestsectest Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sleep well, have a hearty breakfast, stay focused and you will ace the exam.

Good luck!
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Best of luck. I wouldn't recommend touching study materials the day of the test.
  • Options
    gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Thanks Guys! :)
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Best of luck. I wouldn't recommend touching study materials the day of the test.

Really? That's interesting - why would you recommend that? This could save me some sleeping time! :)

• Options
    ZzBloopzZZzBloopzZ Member Posts: 192
    Thanks Guys! :)

Really? That's interesting - why would you recommend that? This could save me some sleeping time! :)

Because at that point you either know it, or you don't. Save your energy/will power for the exam itself. Only thing I study the day of the exam is mnemonics, go over steps/processes for things I am weak on so that you can write them down on the white board they give you when you start the exam.

Also, for breakfast try to eat stable food to prevent any digestive issues during the exam (Common sense I know). I recommend 2-3 hard boiled eggs, with black pepper. You can eat it with toast if you like. Avoid dairy as that makes you bloat. Then I will eat a banana on the drive to the exam. I also highly recommend to speed walk 30 minutes in the morning as that will get your juices flowing and be more alert.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    Ultra256Ultra256 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    oooorpoooorp Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    break a leg, Claudia!
  • Options
    ThomasITguyThomasITguy Banned Posts: 181
    You can do it!!! Please let us know the results... i'm sure you will come back on the thread and say "I PASSED" icon_cheers.gif

icon_study.gif
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    ZzBloopzZ is right. Whatever you don't know will not magically get ingrained into your head right before the test. Remember that the test is also an endurance race. The day before my test I stayed at a hotel, ordered room service, and watched chick-flicks. The next day when I took the test I was so relaxed and focused that I went through the 5 hours without the need to break.

Not everyone works the same way, so do whatever makes you feel comfortable.
  • Options
    ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    The only thing I can provide is to be ready for a steady stream of things that you may not now. The first block of questions I got seemed like I studied for the wrong exam. After that they calmed down and were things I was certain about. Good luck!
  • Options
    ThomasITguyThomasITguy Banned Posts: 181
    ZzBloopzZ is right. Whatever you don't know will not magically get ingrained into your head right before the test. Remember that the test is also an endurance race. The day before my test I stayed at a hotel, ordered room service, and watched chick-flicks. The next day when I took the test I was so relaxed and focused that I went through the 5 hours without the need to break.

Not everyone works the same way, so do whatever makes you feel comfortable.

LOL @ chick Flicks.......
    HA! gayyyeeeeeee

jk jk jk
  • Options
    ZzBloopzZ wrote: »
    Because at that point you either know it, or you don't. Save your energy/will power for the exam itself. Only thing I study the day of the exam is mnemonics, go over steps/processes for things I am weak on so that you can write them down on the white board they give you when you start the exam.

Thank you so much for responding - I REALLY needed to hear that and have someone give it to me straight. You are so right - there ain't going to be no miracle going down between now and test time. I'll power walk before I do this, but I don't want my blood sugar to get too low (hypoglycemia). Then it will be a *complete* disaster.

So, what kind of chick flicks are we talking about here? Like, some Fried Green Tomatoes type of chick flicks? Or Brides Maids? icon_lol.gif

You guys are amazing! I will let you all know the good (or bad) news once I get through it.

Hugs and kisses to all of you <3
  • Options
    g33k3rg33k3r Member Posts: 249 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Best of luck. I agree, don't study the day of. Go to the gym, take a long walk, eat well, and get plenty of sleep!
  • Options
    StillStreamStillStream Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck sir.
  • Options
    IaHawkIaHawk Member Posts: 188 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    havoc64havoc64 Member Posts: 213 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • Options
    gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ZzBloopzZ wrote: »
    Also, for breakfast try to eat stable food to prevent any digestive issues during the exam (Common sense I know). I recommend 2-3 hard boiled eggs, with black pepper. You can eat it with toast if you like. Avoid dairy as that makes you bloat. Then I will eat a banana on the drive to the exam. I also highly recommend to speed walk 30 minutes in the morning as that will get your juices flowing and be more alert.

Good Luck!
    Wow, great advice! Sometimes we are so focused on the materials we forget the other basics of daily activities and their effects on the exam taking.
  • Options
    csk007csk007 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Any Updates For Us webpriestess ?? fingers Crossed \/