Get VMWare Tools resolution from RHEL System?

JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
Without reinstalling VMWare Tools. Is there a way to get what the resolution of the VMWare Tools is set to under Red Hat Linux?

Was working with a DBA today to install Oracle updates and we realized that Oracle resolution wasn't set correctly. DBA asked if there was a way to tell what the resolution of VMWare Tools was set to. I wasn't sure and I've looked around and can't find an answer online.

thanks
***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
-unknown

Comments

• TacoRocketTacoRocket Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□
    JockVSJock wrote: »
    Without reinstalling VMWare Tools. Is there a way to get what the resolution of the VMWare Tools is set to under Red Hat Linux?

Was working with a DBA today to install Oracle updates and we realized that Oracle resolution wasn't set correctly. DBA asked if there was a way to tell what the resolution of VMWare Tools was set to. I wasn't sure and I've looked around and can't find an answer online.

thanks

I'm pretty sure just like systems that use apt-get you would use

yum install open-vm-tools

Then it should install.
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
  • JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
    Actually I don't use RH Satellite/yum to install VMWare Tools, just install from vCenter.

However I believe VMWare Tools will control the resolution the guest will appear from a console, correct?

I'm just wondering if that information is displayed anywhere as to what that resolution is set to, incase of troubleshooting?

I had to re-install on the fly, which is no big deal.
    ***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
    -unknown
  • MitechniqMitechniq Member Posts: 286 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You can re-install vmware tools, there will be a resolution option we normally just hit enter to accept the default.

Or look into [FONT=Consolas, Menlo, Monaco, Lucida Console, Liberation Mono, DejaVu Sans Mono, Bitstream Vera Sans Mono, Courier New, monospace, sans-serif]xrandr[/FONT]