Options

CISSP Endorsement Experience

scribascriba Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Been a long time lurker on this site and would like to offer some insight into being endorsed by (ISC)2.

I passed my CISSP exam in mid March and submitted my endorsement via (ISC2) as I didn't know a CISSP. icon_sad.gif
The endorsement process completed today after 7 weeks.

If you are seeking to be endorsed through this process make sure you have all the evidence of your experience to hand and make it as clear as possible and verify all the contact details.

I had to clarify some of the evidence a couple of weeks ago which probably delayed the process. I don't think it helped that I am over in England either. icon_sad.gif

I had plenty of experience however it was a muddle to sort through one of my roles which was a rolling contract which was renewed periodically for the same assignment.

So the key piece of advice I can give is to provide evidence that is clear and unambiguous.

Needless to say I am happy that the process is complete.

Want to thank the contributors to this site as it has provided me with much insight and greatly helped in my efforts to achieve CISSP. Good luck in all your efforts!

Comments

• Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Your experience sounds normal given my past experience. Usually takes about six weeks to complete. A bit more around the end of the year or late December through early January as the holidays and vacation time are well known around this time of the year.

Also keep in mind that as the CISSP in particular has escaped "terminal velocity", if you will becoming well known and popular with people of all stripes. Its this popularity that also propels current cert holders to pressure the organization to take vetting and audits a bit more seriously. Ironically those with very low numbers received the least amount of attention in this regard.

Personally, I do remember passing the 1000 member mark with much fanfare and congratulations. icon_cheers.gif

Woohooo!

- b/eads