Exam In 4 Days

Infosec85Infosec85 Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello everyone,

I am due to sit the Security+ exam on Monday and am looking for some pointers on what to go over etc and what to expect from the exam without breaking NDA.

Many Thanks.

Comments

• _netmon_netmon Level 99 Wizard Mod Posts: 878 Mod
    Go over the CompTIA Security+ objectives and make sure you are comfortable with them all. It also has a section in the back with all acronyms that could pop up. Anything you are unsure of go over a few times and maybe do a few practice questions.

https://certification.comptia.org/docs/default-source/exam-objectives/comptia-security-sy0-401.pdf

I'm doing my Sec+ in a month and have been told it's similar to the Net+ layout. It will start with a few simulation questions then onto the multiple choice. Using the objectives as a checklist has helped me with the Net+ and is doing so with Sec+. Good luck with your exam. Maybe provide some feedback after on how it went?
    2020 goals: Server 2016 MCSA/MCSE (70-740, 70-741, 70-742, 70-744), Powershell training
    2021 goals: RHCSA/RHCE, AWS, Python training

Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so they don't want to. - Richard Branson
  • Infosec85Infosec85 Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes I most definitely will. Just going over Application Attacks at the moment it's a bit of a weak area for me. Then as you mentioned go over the objectives and read anything I'm not greatly familiar with. Thank you!
  • ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Professor Messer. thats all you need... Listen to the videos in the car, on break, wherever you are...
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios