Options

How to study for ICND1 CCENT and study schedule

pujan96pujan96 Member Posts: 121 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi all,

If someone could give me an estimated time frame for a complete networking newbie to study for and be ready to take the ICND1 test it would be greatly appreciated. Also if some could also provide an example of a study schedule that too would be welcome.
I am a complete newbie to networking and would like to know how long it would possibly take be to be ready for the CCENT exam.I have the official Cisco pressbook along with the full pearson ICND1 net sime. I work 40 hours a week and am free on week ends. I am just confused on how to start the study process, as in I sont know how many hours to study a day/weekends and how much time to devote to labbing.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Pujan
[X] CCNA R&S

[X] CCNP Route 300-101
[  ] CCNP Switch 300-115
[  ] CCNP T-Shoot 300-135

[  ]  NPDESI 300-550

[  ] CCIE R&S Written
[  ] CCIE R&S LAB

Comments

• Options
    SimridSimrid Member Posts: 327
    It's all very subjective to experience and "natural" understanding for the topics. Myself, I had no network exerpeince and it took my 6 months to obtain a CCNA. Whilst have a schedule is important to stay on track, i'd say take it easy as you will get burnt out if you go too hard.

I work 36(ish) hour weeks, it is tough to fit studying in but you have to find time. For example, some days I start at 10am, so I get two and half hours of studying in before I get into work.

I really rate the Todd Lammel CCNA cert guide, which will cover you for both 100-101 and 200-101. In addition, CBT Nuggets will give you a very good and easy introduction to topics. The best advise I can give you for the CCNA exams is know your subnetting.

Good luck.
    Network Engineer | London, UK | Currently working on: CCIE Routing & Switching

sriddle.co.uk
    uk.linkedin.com/in/simonriddle