Options

Automating Out of Office on Outlook

urstuffplz1urstuffplz1 Member Posts: 76 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi all, hoping someone will be able to answer my query as I have struggled to find a solution to my question. I've had a look into setting special rules, potentially writing a script and scheduling it and ever some VB coding, but no real job.

I've just started a new job at a company and I am working Monday, Wednesday and Fridays as I am at university the other two days. I know on Outlook you can set the out of office manually to say you'll be away for from x to y, but this will become tedious having to do it every day I am in working, let alone remembering to do it.

Does anyone know a way that I can automate this process so that it sets it automatically for me?
2018 Goals: CCNP Route 300-101[X], CCNP Switch 300-115[X], CCNP T'Shoot 300-135[X], VCP-DCV 6[], 70-412[], 70-413[], 70-414[]

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Easy. The date field includes 3 letters for the day. You can create an Out of Office rule "With Specific Words in the Message Header", then put in Mon/Tue/Wed/etc, then "Reply with this message" and enter the relevant message you want to be sent to people.
  • Options
    urstuffplz1urstuffplz1 Member Posts: 76 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This has been causing me to pull my hair out. Thank you! :D
    2018 Goals: CCNP Route 300-101[X], CCNP Switch 300-115[X], CCNP T'Shoot 300-135[X], VCP-DCV 6[], 70-412[], 70-413[], 70-414[]