Options

PTSv3

Infosec85Infosec85 Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□
If you sign up for the elite version of this does it also include eJPT?

Furthermore what skill set required for this cert? I know eJPT is on hands on which sounds awesome.

Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    adrenaline19adrenaline19 Member Posts: 251
    PTSv3 is very beginner, both the full and the elite come with the ejpt test, I believe.
  • Options
    Infosec85Infosec85 Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Both versions come with the certification exam attempt. The main difference is the lab time and the attempts. With the full version, you only get 1 attempt. With the Elite, you get 3 attempts and 60 hours of lab time.

I only used about 10 hours of my lab time, but having the buffer is always a good thing.

The training material is good. Looking back, I wish I had gone for the PTP rather than the PTS, but it gave me a decent introduction to things I didn't deal with before (mostly the web app stuff)

If you don't have any background in this kind of stuff, it will be a good introductory. I'm currently going the PTP and I can say that there is by far more material.
  • Options
    tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I started this just a couple of days ago. The boss paid for the Elite version. So far most of the introductory material has been review for me. The skillset required for this one is pretty much on the beginner level, though it helps to have a little background in security and IT. If you already have experience with penetration testing or at least using tools like Wireshark, Burp Proxy, nmap, and others, you may consider working on the PTP instead. I recommend downloading the PTS syllabus and comparing that with your current skillset.