Highly Skilled Migrant Program

strauchrstrauchr Member Posts: 528 ■■■□□□□□□□
Anyone here been through the process of the HSMP in the UK, or anywhere for that matter.

I am doing it myself now, went to a company and they said they wanted to charge me £1200 for their fee and £600 for govt. charges. yet the govt. website say its only £315. What a rip off!!

Anyway, going try and do it myself.

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Reminds me of those visa lottery site that charge you for submitting a form you can submit yourself online, for free... The sole purpose of such companies is to make money, the easy way. Especially anyone in IT should be smart enough to do it yourself.
  • strauchrstrauchr Member Posts: 528 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I didn't mind paying a small fee to a company who has experience in getting these applications through but £1200 plus the extra £275 that tack on to the so called govt. fee.

Your right though, I should have no trouble doing this myself.
  • EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm in the process of getting an Austrailian visa.I've passed the skills assessment which i completed 100% on my own, and now im waiting to here about the main application.
    My advice is do it yourself,there are plenty of forums out there to ask info if needed. Many of these companies you pay end up getting you to do most of the work at the end of the day, after hearing afew horror stories from people i suggest doing it yourself.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
    After doing a little more research I am definitely doing it myself. In the end I would have to send everything to them anyway. They probably wouldn't even fill the form out for me either.

I just thought there was more involved at first.

Good luck with Aus visa. Where abouts you going to work? I might be able to help out with some advice.
  • EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks,im heading for Melbourne.I should be there Jan 07 as im taking a 9
    months holiday to Thailand before.If you have any info you think would be helpful id appreciate it.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
    Any reason why Melbourne - its rather Londonesque when it comes to weather.

well check out www.seek.com.au for the best online resource for IT jobs.

Some of the best places to find IT work in Australia right now is Brisbane and Perth as they are riding on the back of a massive resources boom so job prospects are very good.

Sydney is still the place to be jobwise though as it has 80% of Australias IT jobs.

Be careful when negotiating pays, especially with agencies. Unlike the UK they get paid a flate rate rather than percentage based so they will try and screw you over on the rate just to get you in the job.

If theres anything you'd like to know let me know. I'll help as much as I can.