Options

Network+ with no study? no problem.

nethersdenizennethersdenizen Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi, just passed Network+ without any study time on this test. I looked at your tech notes and saw it was all old news to me. Took your practice test and passed that first try. Was a little worried because I always buy atleast an exam cram book of some sort, but just went for this one. Took 20 minutes to finish the 72 questions. I had more than an hour left but just ended it because I was only unsure about a few and didn't feel like trying to get a perfect score because it doesn't matter; passing is passing.
Ended up with an 833 out of 900. Going to get I-net+ and Linux+ next then something harder, might try CCNA again...almost passed that last month but missed the mark.

Thanks for this site because without the practice tests and tech notes I wouldn't have known I was ready for this.

If the info in the tech notes and the practice test seems easy enough to you then I think you might be ready to take the test without reading some 1000 page tomb.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good result - however as awesome as this site is I would never recommend taking an exam without at least 2 diferent study resources.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congrats nethersdenizen! icon_cool.gif

I see you took a shot at the CCNA exam and almost passed... I find Network+ to be the level of knowledge you should have before you even pick up a CCNA book (The knowledge I gained from CCNA and CCDA is what enables me to write the Network+ TechNotes...), but nevertheless this is another cert to show on your resume :) Good job!

I wouldn't recommend it either (considering the cost of the exam), but since we have 14 of the 15 Network+ TechNotes online (covering 95%+ of the exam objectives) I think it is very doable for someone with networking experience. Actually... I truly believe that if you understand everything that is in the Network+ TechNotes, you can not fail the exam... at least not because lack of knowledge ;)

But, to "understand everything" it might be necessary to read things multiple times, worded differently. The TechNotes are primarily meant to be an addition to a text book (or CBT or Transcenders even), to give you a chance to read it "worded differently" and of course as a cram.

Network+ is an entry-level exam, meaning that if you have 6 months - 1 year, or longer experience as a sys admin or net admin (entry level), this exam should be a piece of cake, with and without our TechNotes. But for those that don't have the luxery of having hands-on real world networking experience, I suggest a Network+ text book, 2 pc's would be nice (so would an xdsl router, and/or hub /and/or switch), our TechNotes and practice exams (watch out for our upcoming Special Edition of the Network+ TechNotes) and our link section to get as much exposure to Network+ material as possible so you will learn, understand and pass.
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    congrats on the pass.

i have heard many experienced techs say that no study is required to pass a+ and network+, but i still find it amazing when somebody does it!
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    nethersdenizennethersdenizen Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the feed back, just ordered my books for I-net+ and Linux+ and should have at least one of those certs by the end of this month. I think I-net+ first because it's a lot like the Net+ except more on WANs? Just a guess, don't even know what it's about but I'm getting it.

Need to add stuff to my resume to compete, where I live there are a lot of tech schools that pump out IT people. Infact I go to one and a lot of the people are helpless when they have to do this stuff in the real world and they look the same as me on paper. Need something to distance myself from them which is what these do, shows a certain level of compentancy which is needed to land interviews and hopefully a career.

Thanks Webmaster for the tech notes.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Uhm... i-Net+ is more about Internet... html basics and such, but also a lot of Net+ stuff. Doesn't matter though, since you got the right attitude:
    don't even know what it's about but I'm getting it.

Besides the practice questions we do not have much for the i-Net+ exam yet, I suggest www.mcmcse.com to start...

Mucho luck with your studies and career!
  • Options
    curiocurio Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well done on the pass - network+ should be pretty easy for anyone that has experience of the subject. I got some good news for you as well i-Net+ is even easier! If you can design websites and you have the knowledge to fly through the network+ you will pass i-Net+ with little or no study as well and with even less time in the test room. Make sure you know the objectives for the media types, everything else is straight forward.