VMWare crashing

ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
Im having some issues with my VMWare crashing when I use it... Im trying to follow along with videos using ubuntu linux. Currently It is up to date, I did a fresh install of ubuntu, and it will no longer work. I was running a game in the background and was using VMNWare then the screen went black, came back up and the VMWare screen was all black. I closed VMWare and then waited and it did nothing. So I opened the task manager and closed it that way.
Now each time I open VMWare and try to run ubuntu I get an error message that says "the program is already running in another window if you want to save the program click ok otherwise click cancel" then when I click ok... it does nothing... when I restart my PC I get the same error...
Do I need to do a fresh install of Ubuntu?
In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
“The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios

Comments

• JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What exactly do you mean by VMware is crashing? What product are you using?
  • ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Im using the VMWare virtual machine. I just did a update yesterday.
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
  • markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The VMware virtual machine? Is this in Vcenter, Workstation, etc? When you say you "Open up VMware" I'm not sure what that means.
  • TheProfTheProf Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 331 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You mean VMware Player perhaps? You need to be more specific with that application you're using, this means the name of the software you're running, etc.
  • ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Its the VMWare Player.... and I try to open up Ubuntu in VMWare player and it keeps crashing
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Dude when I read the title of the thread, I thought VMware stock had tanked!

VMware is the name of a company, not the product(s) it makes. Don't sound like those HR drones!

So the VM crashes by the sounds of it. In the OS you mean? You gotta be more specific, post some screenshots if you can.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com