Options

Best CCENT Video's available

MpstylerMpstyler Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey everyone. I'm preparing for my CCENT after passing my Network+ today (woot woot). Very tough exam for an "introductory" exam, and very broad. I got my Security+ earlier this year in March too.

I just started a job at a NOC a couple weeks ago, and my boss has been very kind and would like me to focus the majority of time on the job studying for the CCENT. I basically have an unlimited amount of time to study as thoroughly as I need. My boss said he would go ahead and pay for whatever classes (videos) that I need too.

My question is, do any of you have a single instructor that you prefer? I was watching a mix of Keith Barker and Mike Meyer's videos for the Network+ and I really appreciate their enthusiasm and vibrance when they teach, but I have yet to find any dedicated ICND1 materials from them which is a bummer. As well, I'll go ahead and add, are there any other "essential" materials you folks would recommend, i.e. practice tests, labs, simulations, etc.? I know right up front I want to dive deeper into routing protocols and Cisco IOS.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Options
    MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    As far as video goes, CBT Nuggets and Chris Bryant served me well. If you wanted to throw a book in there, Todd Lammle is a great resource.

I don't know if Chris breaks his videos into ICND1 and ICND2 or not. I mostly used him for ICND2 and the videos I watched covered the CCNA as a whole. Todd has a book for ICND1 and I think Nuggets breaks it down as well.

Lab simulation wise, for ICND1 I think Boson makes a great sim. I felt like their practice test was right on in terms of difficulty. Wasn't as impressed for ICND2 though.
  • Options
    MicronewbMicronewb Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I purchased the INE CCNA series but they sell a CCNET series for pretty cheap.
  • Options
    volfkhatvolfkhat Member Posts: 1,054 ■■■■■■■■□□
    do a google for danscourses
    www.danscourses.com/CCNA-1
    www.danscourses.com/CCNA-2

get packet tracer to practice along with each lesson.

both are free.

use whatever else you want to supplement your learning.

you can realistically earn the cert in 90 days...
  • Options
    james43026james43026 Member Posts: 303 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CBT Nuggets make great videos, and they keep you pretty engaged. But I think INE actually makes better videos. They are far more in depth, and cover more details. Some of these details may not be covered in the test, but they will be needed for real life networking issues.
  • Options
    Carlp2Carlp2 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you're getting paid to study and get free study material, take advantage of that!! I'm interested in the same information, because I'm currently studying for ICND1 right now too.
  • Options
    AllwaysANewBAllwaysANewB Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CBT Nuggets = C-
    INE = B+
    Udemy Chris Bryant = A
    (IMHO)
  • Options
    MpstylerMpstyler Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey everyone. Just to update, I checked out Chris Bryant's video's on Udemy.com and am loving his materials. After I get my CCENT I was planning on digging into CCNA materials and he has both in one class. Just FYI for anyone who is learning about both exams (like me), the CCNA is unique from what I understand insomuch that you can take the ICND1 (CCENT) and ICND2 (CCNA) together in one exam, or take them separate. Maybe I'm mistaken?

Going back to Chris Bryant, he separates his videos into Sections and has ICND1 or ICND2 next to the sections just so you know where you're at, and the actual exam learning material follows a systematic and logical order. It's also only a $30 one-time fee which is great for me. Pluralsight and CBTNuggets are great, but it doesn't make sense for me to sign up for a monthly membership if I'm studying one topic at a time. I'd rather just buy the course outright, and anything under $50 is a steal.

Here's a link: https://www.udemy.com/ccna-on-demand-video-boot-camp/learn/v4/t/lecture/515428

Good luck with your studies