Options

Doom

2»

Comments

• Options
    daviddwsdaviddws Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    enjoying multiplayer alot. Takes me back to old fps shooters, except this one has insanely great graphics!
  • Options
    kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    Multiplayer is ... Well...
    Halo on crack. If you like halo multiplayer you will love it.

Me I am more of a battlefield kind of guy so it isn't my thing. Multiplayer isn't horrible at all you just have to like that style.
  • Options
    DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Division player here love it, almost 200!
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Also a Division player :)
    I'll check out Doom some more and see if I'll get it. I don't think that I've ever played Doom before.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ugh. As if I didn't have enough distraction already! I bought Stardew Valley off of Steam for my younger kids but got sucked in because they were having a hard time with some of the quests (generally game play is easy enough for a 7 an 9 year old but yeah, some of the quests require patience that humans lack at that age) I also bought Factorio which is another game that has sucked up my time. AND I still play Craft the World. (Curse you Steam!) I'll have to look at this when I get home. That eJPT and CCNA recertification might take a little longer than I projected...
    Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!
  • Options
    spicy ahi wrote: »
    Stardew Valley

This... this I can only play on certain days because of the fact I'll start after the kiddos go to sleep and then I'll look up and go AH MAN. I need to go to bed!
  • Options
    TheProfTheProf Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 331 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Doom is a great game... I spent a few hours last night... Even multiplayer is fun, don't know why people dont like it. It's not a BF type of game, but arcade style FPS can be fun too. Definitely worth the money.
  • Options
    Params7Params7 Member Posts: 254
    Got it on PS4 (plz no hate, I get motion sickness with PC FPSs). Definitely breaks the mold of FPSs. 60fps and smooth even in the most crowded of rooms. I like the multiplayer too.

The Division is great too. Its an RPG combined with Third Person Shooter with PvP/Grouping elements for multiplayer. Between these two games I'm going to have my upcoming gaming weeks full.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I'm holding off on buying Doom (along with a few other new games,) using the excuse that "I need to build a new computer first." (I'm waiting for those new nVidia GTX 1080 cards to drop.) Along with a stack of Wii U games I'm trying to slog my way through, I currently have about 80 games installed on my PC via Steam, with another 300+ that are languishing in my grayed-out library. Any excuse at this point to resist buying more games is a good one, especially considering that I'm deliberately carving out extra time for both certification studying and the gym every day (with varying amount of success.)

I'll just have to keep busy with my 3DS for the time being, I'm burning through another stack-o-games while riding the bus every day. Still, Doom looks good. . . dammit. icon_lol.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    Slowhand wrote: »
    I'll just have to keep busy with my 3DS for the time being, I'm burning through another stack-o-games while riding the bus every day. Still, Doom looks good. . . dammit. icon_lol.gif

3DS what is eating my time right now is Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. So many hours logged in that.
  • Options
    spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    kohr-ah wrote: »
    This... this I can only play on certain days because of the fact I'll start after the kiddos go to sleep and then I'll look up and go AH MAN. I need to go to bed!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I play this only on weekends because of the same. Consequently, that should be the same time I focus most on studies. I've killed a good hour or so here at the office on break looking up Doom. Man, this is really not helping my cert game!
    Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Odds are due to all the new multiplayer games that came out or are coming out soon this game will drop in price pretty quickly.
  • Options
    johnnyqt25johnnyqt25 Banned Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ain't got time for your games!
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    nothing in my life compared to Marist college back in 2004, and I installed a Medal of Honor server and CS server on my desktop, that was a Friday, but the following Monday they had to turn the power of to the dorm cause the traffic coming into the 3550 switch was taxing the college servers and network with over 2000 connections into the network, I had 12 instance of Counter Strike and 4 instance of Medal of Honor working, it was a $7000 Alienware Desktop at the time and there was always a waiting list. icon_wink.gif

It was the weekend before midterms, sadly not many people passed their midterms and they had to reschedule them two weeks later with "network restrictions" in place the following week. icon_razz.gif

Then I did something horrible, I started playing World of Warcraft; bye-bye 10 years of my life and (10) 100 toons later.
  • Options
    ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    TheProf wrote: »
    Just picked up Doom. After reading the reviews and watching some YouTube videos, this seems like a fun single player game... Curious about multiplayer, but so far, reviews don't seem that good, would need to try it myself first.

My PC is not all that fast (outdated):

i5 3570K (Stock)
    EVGA GTX 770 2GB (Stock)
    32GB of RAM
    240GB SSD

LOL your PC is not that outdated.... now MINE on the other hand

My Specs
    GeForce gtx 280
    8 GB of ram
    i7 processor
    500 gb Internal Drive
    1tb internal drive

My graphics card needs to go.... it keeps crashing when I run a game on one screen and use other things on my second monitor
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
  • Options
    Deathmage wrote: »
    nothing in my life compared to Marist college back in 2004, and I installed a Medal of Honor server and CS server on my desktop, that was a Friday, but the following Monday they had to turn the power of to the dorm cause the traffic coming into the 3550 switch was taxing the college servers and network with over 2000 connections into the network, I had 12 instance of Counter Strike and 4 instance of Medal of Honor working, it was a $7000 Alienware Desktop at the time and there was always a waiting list. icon_wink.gif

It was the weekend before midterms, sadly not many people passed their midterms and they had to reschedule them two weeks later with "network restrictions" in place the following week. icon_razz.gif

Then I did something horrible, I started playing World of Warcraft; bye-bye 10 years of my life and (10) 100 toons later.

I got sucked into WoW too... I liked it but stopped playing because they released "Mists of Pandaria"
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
  • Options
    EngRobEngRob Member Posts: 247 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ugh....I really want to upgrade my gaming PC and get this, but the responsible adult in me is saying I should finish WGU and some other certs first. Such a dilemma!! lol
  • Options
    EngRob wrote: »
    Ugh....I really want to upgrade my gaming PC and get this, but the responsible adult in me is saying I should finish WGU and some other certs first. Such a dilemma!! lol

You can do both! Buy one part at a time.... then you can do a full upgrade when you get all the parts purchased. Thats the way im doing my upgrade.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    My games of choice right now are Uncharted 4 and MGS V :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    TheProfTheProf Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 331 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ITSpectre wrote: »
    LOL your PC is not that outdated.... now MINE on the other hand

My Specs
    GeForce gtx 280
    8 GB of ram
    i7 processor
    500 gb Internal Drive
    1tb internal drive

My graphics card needs to go.... it keeps crashing when I run a game on one screen and use other things on my second monitor

Well, it's somewhat outdated... I am running on an older i5 CPU with a series 700 of nVidia GPU (with 10xx around the corner). Actually I am already starting to see some games taxing the CPU which was never the case up until the last 6 months or so, but it's expected, games are getting more demanding, so the hardware has to adjust as well.

So up next I will be getting the 1080 (most likely) and an i7, which will probably require me to get a new motherboard and maybe memory as well...
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Anyone on here looking forward to No Man's Sky? I think it is either going to be epic or a bust. Thoughts?
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod

My preciousssssssssssssssssssssss
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    Params7Params7 Member Posts: 254
    sthomas wrote: »
    Anyone on here looking forward to No Man's Sky? I think it is either going to be epic or a bust. Thoughts?

Looking forward to it. Should be amazing.