Struggling with a vetting form

Benj94Benj94 Member Posts: 67 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'm filling out a security vetting form for an interview I will be attending shortly.
The form asks a lot of information about 'spouse/partner (within the last 3 year)'. Does girlfriend of 2 and a half years fall into this category? We do not live together or have any financial responsibilities together, for instance a mortgage, credit cards etc.

First of all, it asks for spouse/partner information. Name, address etc which is fine. Even if I don't believe she falls into this category, I can pop the information down.

However, later on, it asks for combined monthly take-home between me and my spouse. I'm not certain whether to just put my take-home, as my girlfriends money is her money. I'm not even sure what she makes without asking her.

Any thoughts?

Server and Storage Analyst
CompTIA A+
MSCA: Server 2016 - 70-710 70-711 70-712

Comments

• RaystafarianRaystafarian Member Posts: 87 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I wouldn't list a girlfriend, but I think it depends on the level of security clearance you need to obtain. If you aren't actually married, I think partner means common-law or same sex partner that you aren't married to (for whatever reason) - but that's in the US.
    Hit me up on LinkedIn - just mention you're from techexams.
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Are you serious? If you are not married, she is not your apouse. You put "single" on the form, not married.
  • AverageJoeAverageJoe Member Posts: 316 ■■■■□□□□□□
    No, you don't list or give personal information about a girlfriend.
  • Benj94Benj94 Member Posts: 67 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the advice.

I've had conflicting information from the Recruitment team, my own common sense and now you guys.
    I'm going to leave the sections blank.

Cheers for clearing it up.

Server and Storage Analyst
    CompTIA A+
    MSCA: Server 2016 - 70-710 70-711 70-712
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Having been through and performed background checks I can agree she would not be listed. I know for my state we specifically ask if you have a girlfriend/boyfriend and ask for the related information.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    You guys are overthinking this. The right answer to all of those questions is "none of your business". icon_smile.gif
  • TechytachTechytach Member Posts: 140
    Background checks are such a pain. Especially the ones that go so far as to want your past credit and banking history. I even had to take a lie detector test once. It was LE related.
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    You guys are overthinking this. The right answer to all of those questions is "none of your business". icon_smile.gif

Haha, not if you are having a background investigation performed. In all honesty all that information can be found with open records searches and talking to your neighbors. The point is to see if you are concealing anything. You definitely have a right to privacy, but if you are looking for a job requiring a security clearance then it is what it is.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff