study material

heatwavewoheatwavewo Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone,

I am interested to take the security+ exam and hope to get some advice.

It seems like everyone is using the GCGA by Darril Gibson to prepare for their exam. But I am wondering if anyone has used study guide by Glen Clarke? Is this book worth of getting it?

Thank you

Comments

• UsualSuspect7UsualSuspect7 Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey, I had promising results reading Gibson's book from cover to cover. The Security+ book is not bad at all and the Simpsons references really paints a vivid picture to help understand difficult concepts. I really did enjoy the Security+ book by Gibson. It's the truth! Prof. Messa video's are really good too, but I find that he goes into very finite detail. I think reading the book first and then using Prof. Messor videos to fill in the gap would be ideal.

Good Luck,
    CISSP, CCENT, CCNA R/S, CCNA Cyber OPs, Security+, CySA+, PenTest+, Network+, Microsoft AZ-900, InsightVM CA
  • heatwavewoheatwavewo Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the reply guys.

I might check up Indigo to see if they have Gibson's book. But since i already have the study guide by Glen Clarke, I am wondering if it is worth of the time to study it andif it has enough information to cover the exam.

thanks.
  • NEODREAMNEODREAM Member Posts: 124 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Always best to use multiple sources for studying and not just rely on a single one.
    Goal: eJPT Mar. 2020 | GDAT May 2020 | eCPPT Dec. 2020
  • ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used

- Professor Messer
    - Sybex Sec+ 401 book
    - Andriod sec+ app flashcards
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    My score went up 200 points after using Mr. Gibson's book. That is my 2cents...icon_thumright.gif
    Never let your fear decide your fate....