Options

Passed - 16 May

heyooh1989heyooh1989 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
I want to thank everyone who's passed this exam and given us all advice and guidance on this site. I am truly grateful to you all! I still can't believe this monkey is off my back after 4 years of trying. I started studying since Feb 2016, 2 hours every night and 8 hours each day, every weekend. The studying will just help to build your confidence, however, when you take the exam - like others have said, the way they ask the questions will confuse the hell out of you. You know the answer, but the convoluted way they asked WILL make you doubt yourself. That's when you have to focus and reread the question as well as the answers provided - a few times if needed!

- The Sybex book is the gold standard. I finally broke down and read it...that was key for me to pass the exam this time!
- Also I can't say enough about the Cybrary IT CISSP videos. Concise and complete information! I watched these videos over and over again. It's like a mini CISSP bootcamp - great resource!!
- I tried listening to the Shon Harris mp3s but she just doesn't hold an audience like Kelly H. does.
- CCCure.org helped to reenforce things as well.

The biggest key during this LONG exam is to push negative thoughts out of your head. I had to do this a few times. The exam will wear you down. Taking breaks will help, but please keep believing in yourself and you will succeed!

Good luck to you all...you can do it too!!!