Options

ISC2 CISSP Official CBK 4th Edition Subject Depth

d00gmand00gman Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Can anyone elaborate on the use of the ISC2 CISSP Official CBK 4th Edition over Sybex, Conrad, etc? I have read both the Sybex 7th and the latest Conrad study guides and flipping through the CBK 4th doing a quick cursory check, there is a ton of information in the CBK I haven't seen in either of the other two books, nor practice questions, nor anywhere else for that matter.

My question is, for those relying on everything EXCEPT FOR the ISC2 CBK 4th, aren't we missing out on a ton of information that could be on the actual exam? Despite the reports that is a hard/boring read and has some errors in it?

Thanks,
d00gman

P.S. Yes, I have utilized the search button and haven't seen this exact concern directly addressd, mainly it has been bad reviews of the text not it's importance in subject exposure.

Comments

• Options
    SeabSeab Member Posts: 127
    Good question. I hear Conrad book cover about 85%, no idea for Sybex which I use as my main source, with 11th hour and videos + questions.

It seems like most people skip that book and are passing the exam without any problem.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    That book has been historically awful. I rather miss whatever they have to offer than endure the pain.
  • Options
    ZzBloopzZZzBloopzZ Member Posts: 192
    There are people that have passed with ONLY Sybex 7E and Cybrary. Adding CCCure and the great Conrad 3E... there is no point in wasting time on other resources. Better to use extra time going over Sybex again per reading various pass threads on here and reddit. I am taking exam next week with just 4 weeks of study... I started studying April 24th and take exam on May 24th (Just happen to be only exam date available before Memorial Day weekend).
  • Options
    d00gmand00gman Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I pretty much agree with the posts here. I just was wondering if there were things that would be missed but yes, the book is ridiculously longwinded. I value my time more than that so my game plan is to just read subjects in the CBK I want a little more depth on. More of a reference if you will.

Great input and thanks everyone. Good luck on your sit for the exam ZzBloopzZ!

d00gman
  • Options
    webpriestesswebpriestess Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    That book has been historically awful. I rather miss whatever they have to offer than endure the pain.

I absolutely agree. I read the 3rd edition of the Conrad book and went through it with a fine tooth comb. Seab is correct - it covers about 85% and I think that's even being generous. Inspired by a post from ZzBloopzZ (sending you good test mojo), I picked up the latest Sybex book. It's coming to me very easily because I already went through the Conrad book - it's amazing as a refresher, a different perspective and a filling in the holes.

Good luck! :)
    ::Claudia