CCCure practice questions, hard vs pro

EvolvedEvolved Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Greetings

I am currently going through a CISSP boot camp and testing my knowledge with CCCure but I have been told not to take practice tests on Pro as they involve a lot of trivia which isn't as accurate a representation as tests taken as Hard. I just wanted to get some opinions on that as I don't want to limit myself to questions that are potentially easier. What do you guys think?

The test is scheduled for Saturday so I don't have a lot of time to judge the differences for myself unfortunately.

Thanks!

Comments

• TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Meh ... it's a pool of a ton of questions and some of them are no longer necessarily relevant to the exam. Nonetheless it is a good resource and all the questions are good knowledge. If you can afford it, take a look at the Boson practice tests. I used them a couple days before my exam and found them to be quite helpful as they were questions I had not seen, which is a good indicator if you're ready or not.

Good luck!
  • ZzBloopzZZzBloopzZ Member Posts: 192
    In some of the pass threads across here and reddit, they say the Sybex 7E exam questions are closest to real exam... however real exam is still harder.

I am also on the fence about Hard Vs. Pro. Kelly from Cybrary highly recommends to use Hard.. which makes sense since the pass threads also say there were hardly any super technical questions. Also, Sybex is the only test bank that I have actually seen some Scenario based questions. Haven't encountered any of those on CCCure yet.

Regardless, even if you did EVERY test bank out there... nothing will be like the real exam. Point of them is to identify your weak areas/knowledge gaps so you can re-focus your studies. Also, good to do 1-2 250 question exams and treat it as if it's the real thing so you work on your endurance for the real thing.

Good Luck dood!
  • joshmadakorjoshmadakor Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Evolved wrote: »
    Greetings

I am currently going through a CISSP boot camp and testing my knowledge with CCCure but I have been told not to take practice tests on Pro as they involve a lot of trivia which isn't as accurate a representation as tests taken as Hard. I just wanted to get some opinions on that as I don't want to limit myself to questions that are potentially easier. What do you guys think?

The test is scheduled for Saturday so I don't have a lot of time to judge the differences for myself unfortunately.

Thanks!

I only had "pro" selected, and did everything they had to offer for both the 2012 and 2015 versions of the test. I would do everything TBH, I don't think it will hurt anything
    WGU B.S. Information Technology (Completed January 2013)
  • coffeeisgoodcoffeeisgood Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
    After just passing CISSP this week and after 2000+ CCCure questions (all on pro / which includes hard), I can say yes the exam is NOT very technical. You must understand the "CONCEPTS"... that said, sometimes understanding the detailed tech will get you the concept

None of the practice questions line up to the exam. (CCCure, Sybex 7th, Conrad's 3rd) None...

one of the best things you can do, is sit for a couple 250 question tests on CCCure
    prepare your brain/body for the marathon!
  • EvolvedEvolved Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Appreciate the feedback guys. I'm not sure I'll have the time for one or even multiple 250 question practice tests unless I sacrifice study time but I actually did 200 total last night, 50, 50 and then 100 so perhaps. My pace seems very fast, out of 200 questions last night I spent about 2 hours total taking them.
  • SeabSeab Member Posts: 127
    None of the practice questions line up to the exam. (CCCure, Sybex 7th, Conrad's 3rd) None...

What worked the best for you?

Edit : just read your complete post about it, thanks!