ExamCompass

monarkmonark Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Is anyone familiar with ExamCompass? Are they recommendable for using their practice test?

Comments

• _netmon_netmon Level 99 Wizard Mod Posts: 878 Mod
    I've used them for my Net+ and Sec+ and found them to be a good way of testing your knowledge. Although if you have the money I would also suggest using MeasureUps as you have the ability to customise the test and get detailed responses. They are also harder than the real test so if you can get 80%+ on those you should be ready.
    2020 goals: Server 2016 MCSA/MCSE (70-740, 70-741, 70-742, 70-744), Powershell training
    2021 goals: RHCSA/RHCE, AWS, Python training

Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so they don't want to. - Richard Branson
  • NEODREAMNEODREAM N+, S+, A+, PT+, ECIH, ECES, CCNA: R&S, SSCP, CISSP, ITIL: F, B.S. Cyber Security & Information Assu Member Posts: 124 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ExamCompass is a good knowledge check, but to be honest the questions don't really prepare you for the test. The wording on ExamCompass is much more straight forward and simple than what you'll be asked. Nonetheless, it is a good way to see if you understand definitions and general concepts at a basic level.

Plus, they are free!
    Goal: eJPT Mar. 2020 | GDAT May 2020 | eCPPT Dec. 2020
  • PH4NTOMPH4NTOM Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Exam Compass is ok, but should not be your only source of practice test questions. With Examcompass, there's no explanation of right/wrong answers which is crucial in passing the exam.
  • _netmon_netmon Level 99 Wizard Mod Posts: 878 Mod
    If you want a stronger testing tool with detailed answers, customization of testing style and explanations of the answers, use MeasureUps. You have to pay to use the service for a month or two, or can download it completely but if you start scoring 80%+ on those questions you should be ready for the exam. MeasureUps are designed to be tougher than the actual test.
    2020 goals: Server 2016 MCSA/MCSE (70-740, 70-741, 70-742, 70-744), Powershell training
    2021 goals: RHCSA/RHCE, AWS, Python training

Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so they don't want to. - Richard Branson