Security+ needed after CIS F?

martyn747martyn747 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

Brief bit of background - I am in the process of switching my career to infosec after 7 years in law enforcement. I have a real drive and passion for the subject and I am studying/training in my own time and from my own pocket. Unfortunately I don't have a technical background, but I'd like to go into a consulting/management role (policy writing and risk assessment, that type of thing. I have tonnes of investigative and risk assessment experience).

I am currently studying for my Network+. I have also booked myself on to a ISO27001 Certified ISMS Foundation training course (gives the CISF qualification). ISO27001 Certified ISMS Foundation Training Course in London

After that I plan to do the eJPT. My aim is to have a fundamental understanding of several aspects of cyber security so that I can hopefully get a Junior entry role as a security consultant.

Would you recommend I study for the Security+ in addition to the CISF or is it not really required?

Any comments (good or bad) about my planned pathway?

Thanks for your help

Comments

• martyn747martyn747 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I should probably add that I am in the UK, and from all the job vacancies I have looked at the CISF seems to be a better starting point for the hallowed CISSP/CISM/CISA that all of the vacancies are looking for