Made the big move from Southern California to The Netherlands

13»

Comments

• E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 1,879 ■■■■■■■■■□
    @masheen - I live in Hoorn which is in the North Holland province along with Amsterdam. My employer is based in Amsterdam, but during the pandemic my team was moved to the Amstelveen office. Next week I will join a team based in Utrecht, but not that it matters when working remotely lol.

Our lives were fine in California, but my wife is a NL native and preferred raising children here which I did not object to. North Holland and SoCal are the only places we could see ourselves living because we want to be near our families. It is nice having a support system. 
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, and more.

2021 goals: AZ-303, AZ-304, maybe TOGAF and more ISACA

"You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." - Homer Simpson
  • JDMurrayJDMurray MSIT InfoSec, CISSP, SSCP, GSEC, EnCE, C|EH, CySA+, PenTest+, CASP+, Security+ Surf City, USAAdmin Posts: 12,259 Admin
    @masheen Check out official notices of what is required to immigrate to NL in 2021. I keep hearing reports that NL doesn't want to open up until 2022 because of COVID concerns.
  • masheenmasheen Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you both, E Double U and JDMurray.

The company I have the offer from would be taking care of getting there and, despite some Covid testing hoops, it still looks doable to go there in my case.
  • chrisonechrisone Senior Member Member Posts: 2,217 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sounds like an exciting opportunity. Congrats! 
    Certs: CISSP, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, AZ-900, VHL:Advanced+, Retired Cisco CCNP/SP/DP
    2021 Goals
    Courses: eLearnSecurity - PTXv2 (complete), SANS 699: Purple Team Tactics (completed), PentesterLabs Pro (ongoing)
    EnCase Courses: DF120 (in progress), DF210, DF310
    Certs: AZ-500, SC-200 (fail 1st attempt), EnCE, Splunk Core Power User (obtained), Splunk Enterprise Sys Admin