Options

Does Exam Assume SP2?

NopperTNopperT Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Apologies if these questions have been answered already but I could not find them for searching.

1. Does the exam assume Windows XP with service pack 2? For example is the correct answer for the minimum RAM requirements 64MB or 128MB as per service pack 2?

2. My examcram2 book states that you can upgrade from Windows NT 4 with service pack 6, but my MS Professional states Windows NT. Which is correct and which is the correct answer for the exam question?

Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    1. You can get questions about SP2-specific features on your exam. However, since the system requirements is one of those topics that changes over time, and lots of conflicts have existed in Microsoft documentation and study material for MS certs in the past. It will be explicitely mentioned if the machines run SP2, or is implied by mentioning a certain feature that was introduced in SP2. Regardless, if you know what SP2 is, the chances and additions it includes, you don't need to worry about Microsoft tricking you.

2. Both are correct, as Windows NT refers to Windows NT 4. The one is just more specific.
  • Options
    int80hint80h Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Webmaster wrote:
    2. Both are correct, as Windows NT refers to Windows NT 4. The one is just more specific.
    Windows XP is Windows NT 5.1
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Yes, I know icon_rolleyes.gif but how is that a response to what I posted? His MS press book says you can upgrade from Windows NT, in that context it refers to Windows NT 4.0.
  • Options
    zenboyzenboy Member Posts: 196
    IMO, questions such as these are rarely asked on the exam because ms would want to ask most questions relating to installations, maintaining, and troubleshooting, rather then what is the minimum mem for installations, or what processor speed is required. It is good to know anyhow.
    "In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few" - S.Suzuki