Options

CISSP and what it has done for me (It rhymed in my head)

ClmClm Member Posts: 444 ■■■■□□□□□□
Im wondering did you get a good return on Investment by achieving your CISSP. Are there any success stories old or new?

Mine I passed CISSP In feb got a few interview offers only went to one that I realy wanted. All the jobs ranged between 83k-95k
In the interview I mapped most of the question back to some domain in CISSP lol worked like a charm. two weeks later got the call
the recruiter sounded nervous like i woudnt like the number. when she presented me the offer amount I had to compose myself not to act to crazy. It was a 28k pay raise and promotion.

So my return on investment paid off
I find your lack of Cloud Security Disturbing!!!!!!!!!
Connect with me on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/myerscraig

Comments

• Options
    ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Like do rei me... ABC you got your CISSP!

Congrats!
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
  • Options
    aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I got a job! And that led to another, and so on, and now I'm in a great position doing some really fun work.
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • Options
    spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Got in 2012, and hit six figures shortly thereafter. The 20k+ bump meant that it paid for itself and then some. Unfortunately, it's also pushed me into sort of a niche (I am an HBSS engineer for the DoD) and the money makes it difficult to diversify because many of the positions I would like to apply for would mean a pay cut. I guess it's a good problem to have, but eventually the DoD is going to move away from this product and I don't want to be wholly invested in this one thing when that happens!
    Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!
  • Options
    gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yes, it did the thing for me, however, I had tons of experience before approaching it. Currently I'm heading to break quarter million mark in 1-2 years from now.
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    CISSP was amazing for me. Had almost 7 years of security experience across multiple domains by the time I passed mine in September 2013. Had zero luck with trying to get other jobs and when I got the official ok and put it on my resume at the end of October 2013, landed me an interview at a major global finance firm two weeks later, and unofficially hired a few weeks after that. Led to a 40% increase in pay. Also helped me make two more moves and am now over $100k and doubled my salary in less than two years.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework