Options

Starting off PMP

TheProfezzorTheProfezzor Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello people,

It's been quite some time since I posted anything here. The last time I was here was just after I passed my CISSP, which was a great success.

I am planning to start preparation for the PMI-PMP. I have already been working in the capacity of a Project Manager, with tons of projects and a lot of management. To actually start with the preparation, I have a simple question for you guys:
  1. What study material do I need to get through the preparation for PMP?
Please make sure the list is concise enough to get me through the examination and also give me a good understanding of the project management practices. Awaiting and appreciating your support as always.

Regards
OSCP: Loading . . .

Comments

• Options
    twodogs62twodogs62 Member Posts: 393 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Go to PMI.org and look at requirements for PMP certification.
    there is a pretty good application you will need to fill out where you document your project management experience for up to the last 8 years. Some applications will get audited and you will have to provide more information.

there is educational requirement in addition to experience. You have to have the experience before they will let you sit for the exam. The exam is based on the PMBOK.
  • Options
    TheProfezzorTheProfezzor Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think I asked the wrong question. Let me check. No I didn't. I know the requirements for PMP. I already have that thing done and approved. I am onto studies now. I asked what material should I focus on. Thanks for the reply though.
    OSCP: Loading . . .
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck on your new journey.