R1 can't access TFTP server

GDainesGDaines Member Posts: 273 ■■■□□□□□□□
Probably stupidly simple, but I can't back up the running-config and IOS from my border router (R1), yet all the other devices I've tried to back up so far have worked. Here's my network diagram as things stand at the minute:

All three routers are connected to SW1, as is PC1 on which the TFTP server is running. R2 and R3 backed up without issue, while SW1 required me to disable Symantec firewall first before it would back up. R1 however is not playing ball. After I disabled Symantec ping started to work (so routing between 10.10.0.x and 10.10.1.x is working), but when using the same 'copy run tftp' command used on the other devices I'm just getting timeouts.

DHCP and routing is all handled by SW1. R1 connects to SW1 F0/1 and uses a static IP 10.10.0.1, while R2 and R3 connect to SW1 F0/13 and F0/14 respectively and receive DHCP addresses on VLAN1 10.10.1.x, the same range/vlan as the TFTP server. Routing works as everything can ping everything.

From my R1 running-configuration:

interface FastEthernet0/0
ip address 10.10.0.1 255.255.255.0
ip nat inside
duplex auto
speed auto
!
ip route 10.10.1.0 255.255.255.0 10.10.0.2
ip route 10.10.2.0 255.255.255.0 10.10.0.2
ip route 10.10.3.0 255.255.255.0 10.10.0.2

Routes all go back to SW1 as that is where routing and DHCP are handled.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• GDainesGDaines Member Posts: 273 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Update:

I just reconfigured R1 F0/0 to receive a DHCP address (but no other changes so IP nat inside still enabled) and moved the connection on SW1 to F0/15 so it got an IP address of 10.10.1.24 (so now on the same subnet & VLAN as the TFTP server), but I can still only ping and can't back up to TFTP.
  • Nafe92014Nafe92014 Member Posts: 279 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What program did you use to make that chart?
    Certification Goals 2020: CCNA, Security+

"You have enemies? Good, that means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~Winston S. Churchill
    Nafe92014 wrote: »
    What program did you use to make that chart?

Microsoft Visio Standard 2010 plus Cisco shapes/stencils from here for the switches (I have routers too but have yet to update my drawing). It's a nightmare to use as I never seem able to get the lines just where I want them, perhaps with a little more practice.
    RESOLVED, but I don't know how/why!

Put everything back to the way it was originally configured and fired the network up just now. I tested ping from R1 to PC1 and it failed as it did yesterday, so I disabled Symantec firewall and tested it again and this time it worked (again as it did yesterday). What I don't get is that when I ran the command 'copy run tftp' it worked! It didn't seem to matter what I did yesterday it wouldn't work.
  • Phillies8607Phillies8607 Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Was there a certain order to how you configured R1? Maybe it was a fluke. I was having an issue getting out to the internet the other day on my one router. So I erased 5 commands from the config, then re-entered them the exact same way and voila! It started to work. Weird hub?