Passed the ICND1 Today!

shaun5263shaun5263 Member Posts: 120 ■■■□□□□□□□
I scored 919. Took a lot of careful reading and sometimes re-reading of the questions and answers. How I prepared:

-Read Todd Lammle's sybex book (first half which covered ICND1)
-Watched about half of the CBT nugget videos for ICND1 for review
-Labbed regularly with Packet Tracer
-Used the Transcender exams which I have access to through CBT nuggets. I was scoring in the low to mid 80's on these before I began studying and upper 90's after studying for a while
-Boson Ex Sim Max for ICND1. I found this to be very helpful in gauging readiness for the exam. I waited to take these until I felt close to ready to test. I was able to pass tests A, B, and C in the mid to upper 800's first try.
-Practiced subnetting a lot this past week
-Experience - I work with a lot of Cisco routers and switches at work. I've been doing a lot of documenting lately which has really reinforced remembering all the outputs of show commands such as CDP, mac-address-table, interfaces, etc.
-This forum

I'll probably take a week or 2 off then start preparing for ICND2! Going to go for v2 before it is retired.

Comments

• Phillies8607Phillies8607 Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! Yeah I've also been documenting all the commands I've used to prepare for ICND1. I bought a little notepad about the size of a DVD case. Its about 100 pages long. Perfect for writing a couple of commands and leaving some notes.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Tman87Tman87 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing. Just passed my icnd2 and found it easier than icnd1 so sure you'll smash it out quick. Cbt nuggets really helped with my passing the exam and giving me real-world examples of how to use routing protocols
  • shaun5263shaun5263 Member Posts: 120 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Tman87 wrote: »
    Congratulations on passing. Just passed my icnd2 and found it easier than icnd1 so sure you'll smash it out quick. Cbt nuggets really helped with my passing the exam and giving me real-world examples of how to use routing protocols

Good to know, thank you! Also, this is my 100th post!
  • gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • yparkypark Member Posts: 120 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats and thanks for posting material / strategies! I am one week into ICND1 studies and so far, really enjoying it. Keep us updated on your progress toward CCNA!
    2022 Goals: [PCNSE] [JNCIS-SP] [JNCIS-SEC] [JNCIS-DevOps]
    ypark wrote: »
    Congrats and thanks for posting material / strategies! I am one week into ICND1 studies and so far, really enjoying it. Keep us updated on your progress toward CCNA!

Thanks and good luck to you!
    Congrats!! Yeah I've also been documenting all the commands I've used to prepare for ICND1. I bought a little notepad about the size of a DVD case. Its about 100 pages long. Perfect for writing a couple of commands and leaving some notes.

I've been working on drawing our network in visio. It helped a lot on preparing for the test.
  • GDainesGDaines Member Posts: 273 ■■■□□□□□□□
    shaun5263 wrote: »
    I've been working on drawing our network in visio. It helped a lot on preparing for the test.

Are you using images of the actual devices or generic switch/router symbols? I downloaded the switch and router symbols from Cisco (seemingly called SHAPES in Visio and STENCILS on the Cisco site), but I can't add modules in to my routers (NM-8A/S, WIC-1T and WIC1-ADSL). Would really like my drawing to be accurate.
    GDaines wrote: »
    Are you using images of the actual devices or generic switch/router symbols? I downloaded the switch and router symbols from Cisco (seemingly called SHAPES in Visio and STENCILS on the Cisco site), but I can't add modules in to my routers (NM-8A/S, WIC-1T and WIC1-ADSL). Would really like my drawing to be accurate.

Yes, I use the actual Cisco stencils. So far the only thing I've added modules to is a pair of 4510 switches but had no problem doing that.
  • jboogie81jboogie81 Member Posts: 29 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I was going to say go relax this weekend at the beach before diving into ICND2, but i just noticed you're in the Midwest. Relax Lakeside maybe?
    jboogie81 wrote: »
    Congrats! I was going to say go relax this weekend at the beach before diving into ICND2, but i just noticed you're in the Midwest. Relax Lakeside maybe?

Yep, pretty well land-locked where I'm at.
  • alan.leung10alan.leung10 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I have two extra ICND2 vouchers that have can save 20%. Please PM me if you need one.
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • bosco dasbosco das Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello Mates,

Can anyone please provide me the videos for CBT nuggets ICND1 as I am not able to find it any where on the web and if I do I need to subscribe for it. At the moment I am indeed using Todd Lammel's Book and cisco packet tracer, however would prefer CBT Nuggets videos as I am more of a Visual person rather than reading a book.

Please guys let me know asap.
  • snowchick7669snowchick7669 Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The CBT Nuggets videos are not free. You will need to purchase a subscription to get them. There is a 7 day free trial though, so you could always check that out.