Options

Failed Switch twice!

snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
I am so beyond disappointed right now.

I have dedicated so much time and energy into this exam. Both times the sim's acted very buggy and I believe it is the main reason I failed.

I received 750 and 770 as scores.

Not sure if I even really want to move forward right now.

Comments

• Options
    I passed this morning! So happy that I was able to stick with it.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    hurricane1091hurricane1091 Member Posts: 919 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats. I am getting close. What did you struggle with?
  • Options
    I mainly struggled with the sims. Not even so much the configuration but the wording/instructions and order threw me off a little.

I also had a bad experience with one of the sims in particular. It was very buggy and did not allow me enter in some of the commands that were required.

I highly recommend taking your time and reading the requirements for the sims three times before doing any configuration. Be sure to be as precise with the commands as possible. Check your configs to make sure everything looks OK. My final recommendation is to not overlook the following topics- AAA, Radius server, Dot1x, and VLAN Access-Map commands. I spent so much time on STP and all the other stuff I overlooked those topics and it came back to bite me on my first attempt.

I had to open a case up with Cisco on the buggy sim. They are still investigating it (Been almost two weeks now). Luckily my employer let me expense another attempt so I could take it again.
  • Options
    Sy KosysSy Kosys Member Posts: 105 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My final recommendation is to not overlook the following topics- AAA, Radius server, Dot1x, and VLAN Access-Map commands. I spent so much time on STP and all the other stuff I overlooked those topics and it came back to bite me on my first attempt.

I am in this exact position as I gear up for my exam next week. I took a few practice exam labs/sims yesterday and this popped up and totally threw me.
    I know we can't go into too much detail with commands, etc...but does the exam sim allow for "shorthand" in the syntax? For instance, instead of 'show interfaces trunk' is 'sh int tru' allowed or do they prefer the full command be typed?

Trying to settle the nerves, thanks for any input
    "The size of your dreams must always exceed your current capacity to achieve them. If your dreams do not scare you, they are not big enough.”
    ― Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
  • Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I had trouble with the CCNA Sims I can imagine the ones for the CCNP. Congrats!
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    shortstop20shortstop20 Member Posts: 161 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sy Kosys wrote: »
    I am in this exact position as I gear up for my exam next week. I took a few practice exam labs/sims yesterday and this popped up and totally threw me.
    I know we can't go into too much detail with commands, etc...but does the exam sim allow for "shorthand" in the syntax? For instance, instead of 'show interfaces trunk' is 'sh int tru' allowed or do they prefer the full command be typed?

Trying to settle the nerves, thanks for any input

Plan on using full commands for all sims. It's the safest bet.

And think about it long and hard before you put in the commands. The Sims don't like it when you put a command in and try to take it out.
    CCNA Security - 6/11/2018
    CCNP TShoot - 3/7/2018
    CCNP Route - 1/31/2018
    CCNP Switch - 12/10/2015
    CCNA R/S - 1/14/2015
  • Options
    txraider09txraider09 Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! I failed switch as well. Nothing wrong with studying up and trying again!
  • Options
    Sy KosysSy Kosys Member Posts: 105 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ...think about it long and hard before you put in the commands. The Sims don't like it when you put a command in and try to take it out.
    This...kinda spooks me. Please tell me this isn't a sim where you have one shot at the command/syntax. I'm hoping if it's invalid, it wont accept it like the regular IOS would, and error output accordingly.
    What's getting my goat in some of these practice labs is some normally legit syntax is rejected.

Case in point:
    # interface range fa0/1-5

No bueno. Lab wants it thusly:
    # interface range fa 0/1 - 5

What a PITA, just accept the damn command and move on. More than one way to skin a cat, no need to torture the bloody thing.
    "The size of your dreams must always exceed your current capacity to achieve them. If your dreams do not scare you, they are not big enough.”
    ― Ellen Johnson Sirleaf