Options

What elective to select?

Hello all,

I was wondering what elective to choose.
So far I have done 70-210, 70-215, and planning on taking 70-218 one of these days when I can find the time.
The main goal is mcsa 2000 and then upgrade it to 2003 in a short time frame.
I was thinking about messaging but I don’t have any real hands expires with it. (Since we use Domino/Notes. This is why I have some serious doubts about it.
Then I was thinking about 70-217 but this is not an elective for mcsa apparently.
Plus I read somewhere that SMS is a very hard one even for an experienced SMS Admin.(used it a bit but not to the full extent).

I just can’t seam to make up my mind.

Kind regards.
Eastp.
Multitasking:
Screwing up several things at once.

Comments

• Options
    draineydrainey Member Posts: 261
    It depends on if you plan on specializing. If you are going for messaging or security then look for an elective that fits. Otherwise I recommend the 70-216 (network infrastructure for win2k). It is a required exam for the MCSE on win2k if you choose to persue that route. You can also combine the A+ and Network+ certifications for your elective. But that makes three test if you don't already have them versus one with 70-216.

Just my opinion.
    The irony truly is strange that you're the only one you can change. -- Anthony Gomes
  • Options
    draineydrainey Member Posts: 261
    Sorry left this part out. Check out this link from MS for more info.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/requirements.asp
    The irony truly is strange that you're the only one you can change. -- Anthony Gomes
  • Options
    eastpeastp Member Posts: 179
    Thanks for the reply.
    I want as an elective something that gives me an extra edge.
    This is why I don't think that 70-216 is the best way to go (not like e.g.: messaging or SMS). Especial since I’m not planning on going for mcse (at least not on w2k).
    Security is also an option, but this requires 1 additional exam and I’m on a very short time frame,

Kind regards.
    Eastp.
    Multitasking:
    Screwing up several things at once.