Options

Passed June 13

YoniKYoniK Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey Guys and Girls,

Long time lurker. Promised myself if I passed I would come home, have a beer and write this post. So here it is.

Experience:
Two and a half years as a Endpoint security technician for a European anti virus company.
One and a half years as a SOC Analyst at a financial institute.
One year as a GRC team member at a financial institute.

Study Material:
I primarily used the Sybex book which is amazing.
Kelly's stuff - Watched it plenty. Both versions. Amazingly amazing women
Some googling
I did have Shon's books but didn't really use them.

The journey:
What a journey it was!
I started studying in January this year. I was interested in investing in this certificate for a while but I really think that the last year in risk management really payed off.
I scheduled my exam and built a study curriculum and stuck with it for the most part. The holidays in April were difficult and I kinda slacked off then but got back to it after 2 weeks. I read the Sybex book from cover to cover and took notes on every single chapter. Same with Kelly. Her stuff really helped me understand some material better, Her lesson on Kerboros was really good. That will stick with me forever and Ill be a better Dad for that as well(Whoever watched knows what I mean)
I divided up the study time according to the importance of each domain that I thought was right for me.
The last month was a real fight. The last two weeks I was absolutely locked in and really gave it my all. Hours and hours of revision.
I sinned in that I revised up to ten last night but that's how much I wanted. I thought it was a mistake but luckily for me It didn't.

Exam Day:
My exam was at 08:00 this morning. I got there early and went through the identification process quickly.
I took a break after 125 questions as I planned. Had a red bull and some chocolate. Visited the rest room and went back to it. It took another two and a quarter hour for me to finish the exam. I flagged plenty. I think about 50 questions. I changed about 6-7 answers and that took half an hour.
I left the exam room feeling pretty sure that I did not pass. Took the papers she gave me and stuck them in my bag and walked for about ten minutes to my car. I did not look at them until I got there.
Then WOW. I couldn't believe it! All my hard work and effort payed off. I feel AMAZING!

Thank You:
To my wonderful wife and beautiful boy who accepted the fact the her husband and his father was missing for the last 6 months.
Thanks to you guys. Your input about the studies and the test really helped. Special stuff.

Another word about the test. I think it was really hard and for the most part looks nothing like the practice exams IMO. Study your butt off and It should pay off!

On to the endorsement! YAYYYYYY!