Passed CCSK

RufioRufio Member Posts: 25 ■■■□□□□□□□
Man it's been too long since I posted on this forum. I just want to thank everyone for the information they share here. It makes it a great resource before and during preparation for exams. I just passed the CCSK.

I used three resources: (1) CSA's Security Guidance for critical areas of focus in cloud computing V3.0, (2) the ENISA guide (read pages 1-70ish), and (3) I purchased the "Fast Track CCSK Certification: the Ultimate guide for cloud certificate" on Amazon.

(1) Is obviously the most important. I enjoyed the content in most sections. Some were very repetitive and a little exhausting...icon_wink.gif

(2) ENISA was a really helpful reference for understanding cloud security. The questions that start around page 70 are helpful for everyday work, but I didn't read them as a part of my study.

(3) DO NOT PURCHASE....it's only 10$ but I felt it was really poor material. Bad grammar, bad spelling, and it really didn't add much if anything to my study. Yes it's brief, but I wouldn't recommend it. I read the thing in a night but would have preferred buying more Dr Pepper and studying resource (1). I'd give it a 2-3 stars out of 5. Stick with resource (1) and know it well enough to know where certain material is.

I found that if I generally knew a section really well, I could navigate to the section where I thought an answer may be and then search their rather than searching through the whole document. I know this is obvious, but it was super helpful. You don't have time to look up everything.

The test wasn't overwhelmingly difficult and could be passed with 2-4 weeks of SOLID study. I went through the whole test in an hour and had about 30 minutes left over. I used the 30 minutes to review 15 questions I had marked for review. Some of them I was able to confirm and I only changed about 4. I finished with 15 minutes to spare. Missed 6, so 90%. I studied on and off for about 4 weeks. Wish I would have put my head down and knocked it out in 2.

I know I said it wasn't overwhelmingly difficult, but if this is your first introduction to cloud, it may be more challenging. I currently manage security and risk in a smaller Healthcare/Benefits organization and review cloud solutions regularly. One thing I would add for help, CSA added this portion to their website:

"CCSK Guidance V3Click each domain to view a question from the V3 examination" icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Rufio

Comments

• zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! I've been reading through the CCSP CBK myself from ISC2. Not sure if I will sit the exam though as it isn't too well known yet I don't think. Any chance of pursuing that in the future yourself?
  • RufioRufio Member Posts: 25 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ya, I started it last night. I'm hoping the CCSK will help and I'm already in cloud mode.
  • revboxrevbox Member Posts: 90 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I didn't read a single document of the prep material. I did do the Rackspace Cloud U certification earlier in the day though. Open book/open note tests are fun. Get the book and YOLO it!
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    revbox wrote: »
    I didn't read a single document of the prep material. I did do the Rackspace Cloud U certification earlier in the day though. Open book/open note tests are fun. Get the book and YOLO it!

LOL that's the reason i skip the open book tests. Went for the CCSP since it actually does test you on knowing the material and being confident about your knowledge rather than with open book, if you do not know, you are more likely going to start looking up stuff and searching.
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • RufioRufio Member Posts: 25 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Despite the fact this was a fairly easy cert, I believe it was helpful for everyday cloud management. I've been consulting our business on cloud and felt this was a good practical cert for board room and systems analysis discussions. The information was great. The test itself was meh... If you're just looking for another cert to slap on the name title, you should probably move on. If you're really looking for material to have the cloud discussion, it's good stuff.
  • gcamacho7@gmail.comgcamacho7@gmail.com Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    None of the ENISA documents I looked at have 70+ pages.

What is the name of the ENISA guide you are referring to? icon_redface.gif
  • ben2017ben2017 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Rufio,
    I have read the same book you've mentioned and I know the author... just to be fair, the book is helpful to digest the hundreds of pages that CSA asked us to read. and it helped me as it was the only real book i used beside the csa guide...
    When I added my amazon feedback, I saw yours about not receiving the bonus resources (which can be frustrating)... and I saw his reply also (may be u didn't see it:)
    anyway, just wanted to be fair with the guy as not much of us are willing to help others when it comes to certification and passing through hundreds of pages...
    Stay positive and happy new year!