Options

CCNA Cyber Ops

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior MemberPosts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
Any thoughts about this new CCNA track?

CCNA Cyber Ops - Cisco

Comments

• Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    KMastah I'm excited for this exam, I'll be the first on line to take it since I'm studying for the CCNA R&S now. Very exciting news.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    doctorlexusdoctorlexus Member Posts: 217
    I think Cisco has too many certification tracks. I'm not sure why this one is needed when there's CCNA: Security. I understand there's a difference, but I don't think that means it's needed.
  • Options
    MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Judging from what I see (although I haven't looked at Security since the revision) this one is more focused in the skills that an analyst would need - where as I see Security as more of a firewall technician / entry level engineering position.

Yes - I do agree that Cisco has a lot of tracks. However, you have to keep in mind that they touch a lot of areas with their products.

I am definitely interested in this one.
  • Options
    doctorlexusdoctorlexus Member Posts: 217
    Mooseboost wrote: »
    Yes - I do agree that Cisco has a lot of tracks. However, you have to keep in mind that they touch a lot of areas with their products.

True, although I wonder how it affects the quality of the certification exams. I've read some threads in the various CCNA subforums suggesting the exams weren't designed too well. Perhaps Cisco's certification department is spreading themselves too thin?
  • Options
    MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have a feeling that the Cyber Ops track is going to get a lot more love than Security does - at least at the associate level. That speculation is just based on how they are marketing, especially with their scholarships for the training. It will at least give the track a spotlight for awhile.
  • Options
    pinkiaiiipinkiaiii Member Posts: 216
    security is growing industry atm,but given that its cisco cyber,i wouldn't put much hope into it,theres way bigger demand for security then its related only to cisco hardware,if anyone wants to move up its best to put cisco aside and do proper cyber security course,where main points fall towards server security-thus linux is no1 atm also firewalls which many companies use different hardware,then penetration testing,toolkits,traffic monitoring etc.
    If one solely looks to work with cisco equipment exclusively then it might suit to take such exam,but in greater view cyber security goes beyond just routers and firewalls thus its only small set of skills in growing market to meet requirements.
  • Options
    yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It's too bad it seems you couldn't take part 2 of this to renew CCNA R&S. I think that would make it more popular for sure.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • Options
    SaSkillerSaSkiller Member Posts: 337 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well, looking at the exam topics, SECFND looks like security+ lite, SECOPS looks a lot better. That said, this is an area where there is room for innovation and training, this is really something that is needed when you have SOC analysts walking in, it would be nice if they already had the ability to do network traffic analysis and understand signatures, ect. On the other hand, it might be worthwhile to wait until any bugs are worked out if there are any.
    OSWP, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, CPT, CCENT, CompTIA Trio.