Options

Certification expiration date questions

Jey10Jey10 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I have some questions about certifications expiration date and I can't find answers.

-I have my CCNA since June and so until 2019. What if I get the CCNP ROUTE exam? What if I get the all 3 CCNP exams?
-And if I have the CCNA until June 2019 and I pass the CCDA in september, what's happen?

In fact I don't understand the way the expiration date works if you get some certifications before the end of your current. And furthermore how does it work with the CCNP ROUTE, SWITCH and TSHOOT exams that are not really certification one by one.

Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    Sy KosysSy Kosys Member Posts: 105 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I believe you refresh the CCNA R&S by either recertifying in another associate-level topic such as CCNA Security, Voice, etc...or by certifying in any higher-level CCNP topic such as Switch (what I'm currently studying) or Route, etc...

Regarding Switch/Route/TShoot recertifying the CCNP, I am not 100% but I believe the same rules apply. Something about passing an equal or higher-level exam refreshes them all.

I'm trying to find more detail and specificity....and here we go:
    https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/thread/64630

Here's another one from cisco on how to recertify. There should be ample info in there.

HTH and good luck in the future!
    "The size of your dreams must always exceed your current capacity to achieve them. If your dreams do not scare you, they are not big enough.”
    ― Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
  • Options
    ccvp45ccvp45 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Whenever you pass a Cisco Exam, your Certification clock starts over from the day you passed for 3 years out. If you become a CCNP than you must pass a Professional level exam to move the date out 3 years from the day you passed. If you take and pass a CCNA level Exam after you become CCNP, the clock does not change because CCNP is your highest level. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    In general, with Cisco, you renew the certification by passing an exam at the same or higher level.

So, if you pass the CCNP ROUTE exam in August, then the expiration of your CCNA R+S becomes August 2019. If you then pass CCNP TSHOOT in October, then the CCNA R+S 'renews' again to expire in October 2019. If you then pass the CCNP SWITCH in November, then your CCNP R+S AND your CCNA R+S will both expire in November 2019.

If you then passed the CCDA in December 2019, then your CCNA R+S and CCDA would expire in December 2019, but the CCNP would still expire in November 2019.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • Options
    ccvp45ccvp45 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□