Options

So Close, Yet so FAR!!! Score - 837

jrambarjrambar Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well I crammed and crammed for a week, my score last week was a 775. Today, an 837. I was sure I had this test pegged. Everything came so naturally, or so I thought.

Question: When configuring OSPF across multiple routers, do the PROCESS ID's have to be the same across them all in order to communicate? Also, if you want to check your work and check connectivity, does *ping* work in the router sims?

I am trying to obey the NDA, so don't want to disclose too much.

Well, here's a breakdown:

Planning and Designing - 91% compared to last week's score 73%
Implementation and Operation - 71% last week 57%
Troubleshooting - 71% last week 82%
Technology - 79% last week 57%

My weak area's are NAT and Access Lists, more NAT than Access Lists.

Does anyone have any links or reference sites which can help me in these area's?

Comments

• Options
    ceejay3001ceejay3001 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    no the process id's are locally signifcant. they dont have to be the same- the area does have be the same!
  • Options
    JammywanksJammywanks Member Posts: 127
    Yes the ping should work in the router sim (at least in Net visualizer 4)... its a sim afterall.
    CCNA Lab: Two 1720's, one 2520, two 2924XL switches
    [IPCop box] PIII 1GHz | 512MB RAM | 1 Gig Compact Flash HD
    Errors in your CCNA text book? Never mind, the authors don't care.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Ouch! icon_eek.gif

Work on that NAT -- and don't forget what you already know. Have you tried the cisco press flash cards (and the reference pdf files on the cd)?

You just need to see if you have any other weak areas other than NAT to brush up on -- than smack that test down.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    ChicagoTCChicagoTC Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Process IDs can be anything you want between 1 and 65535. They can be different on every router.

The ping command definitely works and is a great 2nd test after you do show ip route to verify the routing tables are propagating.