Options

Most ROI Cloud Certs?

Hello,

What cloud related certifications help the most with ROI and marketability and WHY? I am especially interested in securing them in the United States as my goal is a 100% remote job someday.

The current company I work for could careless about cloud certs at the moment, but that could change if I have to move in in the near future. They currently use AWS. I was aiming for the CCSP in January 2017 when better official study material gets released. I wonder if CCSK would even be worth it once I get the CCSP. Don't see much demand for CCSP yet I suppose since it is new.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    AWS is currently the 800-pound gorilla of public cloud platforms.

Probably Openstack for privately hosted(?)

I'm in a similar situation, working for a company currently that has an aversion to cloud anything and is stuck in a legacy mentality with regard to IT operations. I'm brushing up on "building block" skills and learning AWS as a jumping point for my private studies so that I can hopefully get into a company where I can continue growing in a direction that will keep me employed at a relatively high salary for at least the next decade and/or offer the flexibility to work remotely.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    ZzBloopzZZzBloopzZ Member Posts: 192
    Would love to hear other people's input as well.

Thanks!
  • Options
    MitechniqMitechniq Member Posts: 286 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You will notice that AWS is far ahead most Cloud Service Providers and one of the only CSP's that have a federal/goverment presence.

https://www.gartner.com/doc/reprints?id=1-2G2O5FC&ct=150519

Add some DevOps tools to your knowledge and that will definitely get you moving forward.