OSCE - JollyFrogs' Tale

2»

Comments

• Options
    bluesquirrelbluesquirrel Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    keep "trying harder" ! ;)
  • Options
    JollyFrogsJollyFrogs Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Didn't have time for an update yesterday but one of the hard boxes fell before I went to bed yesterday. The last one fell this morning and honestly I wasn't sure it would: It had me very stuck and banging my head against a wall. All objectives complete! WOOP WOOP!
  • Options
    winona_ryderwinona_ryder Member Posts: 42 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Mate, this is cracking news to log on and read, well done
  • Options
    bluesquirrelbluesquirrel Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congratulations JollyFrogs!!!
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats man!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    unkn0wnsh3llunkn0wnsh3ll Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Welldone JollyFrogs,
    Good work, Excited to read your post and was filled with excitement while reading your exam post, read very fast and ran down to see this WOOP WOOP, - I would say Skadoosh icon_lol.gif, you got it.
  • Options
    LinuxRacrLinuxRacr Member Posts: 653 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wow, well done. You are inspiring me, and are an inspiration to many here. Thank you for sharing your journeys.
    My WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress : Transferred In|Remaining|In Progress|Completed
    AGC1, CLC1, GAC1, INC1, CTV1, INT1, BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, QLT1, HHT1, QBT1, BBC1 (39 CUs), (0 CUs) (0 CUs)
    WFV1, BNC1, EAV1, EBV1, COV1 | MGC1, IWC1 | CQV1, CNV1, IWT1, RIT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TPV1, CVV1 | EUP1, EUC1, DHV1| CUV1, C173 | BOV1, CJV1, TXP1, TXC1 | TYP1, TYC1, SBT1, RGT1 (84 CUs) DONE!
  • Options
    Sch1smSch1sm Member Posts: 64 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! How much would you say SLAE helped you? Thinking about taking OSCE and considering it to ease in a bit
  • Options
    JollyFrogsJollyFrogs Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi sch1sm,

SLAE was absolutely critical to get my OSCE on the first try - I would have failed if I didn't do SLAE without a shadow of a doubt. The value of SLAE is in the exam (where you are forced to complete assignments - and this is where you learn most) so if you're going to sit the SLAE, you should do the exam as well. I'm not getting any money or other benefits from recommending the SLAE, I purely recommend it because I believe its real value for money and it fills the gap between OSCP and OSCE perfectly. Honestly I believe that spending time on the SLAE, and getting the SLAE certificate, will save you more time on the OSCE than you spent on SLAE. I still spent about 700 hours on OSCE though, but I automated EVERYTHING (every exercise including exercise 8 :D). Automation helped me a lot as well, in understanding the concepts and also it helped in other ways. OSCE was a lot of fun, but it was very very very time consuming and I have spent the last two months doing all the household jobs that didn't get done during that time, and enjoying the series I've missed during my study time, hence why I still haven't written a review - but I will! I'll write the OSCE review on my website jollyfrogs.com at some point. I've moved the SLAE materials there as well but decided to leave the OSCP thread as is on techexams. I'll share some OSCE scripts on my site as well - in due time, possibly over Christmas when I have some time to relax.
  • Options
    MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You know...

I have to wonder what is jollyfrog up to these days?
  • Options
    Dr. FluxxDr. Fluxx Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    For the Assembly course...do they have a beginners?
    Assembly, from what I have read, isn't as easy to read like python is.
    Would this be necessary for the OSCP?
  • Options
    p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Dr. Fluxx wrote: »
    For the Assembly course...do they have a beginners?
    Assembly, from what I have read, isn't as easy to read like python is.
    Would this be necessary for the OSCP?

They claim it teaches the basics.

http://www.securitytube-training.com/online-courses/index.html
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • Options
    BlackBeretBlackBeret Member Posts: 683 ■■■■■□□□□□
    An assembly course isn't necessary for the OSCP. I don't recall doing anything in assembly. The buffer overflow section will walk you through using immunity and will expose you to some assembly stuff, but nothing extreme.

The security tube SLAE courses are great, if you purchase the SLAE/64 course you will also get access to the GDB course. That's the only real prerequisite for the SLAE course. If you're just wanting a basic primer, look at Security Tube's Assembly Language mega primer for free, Linux version - http://www.securitytube.net/groups?operation=view&groupId=5
  • Options
    Dr. FluxxDr. Fluxx Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys, I will most certainly do this.
    Eventually ll want to go for the OSCE.