Who has an online business?

Bjcheung77Bjcheung77 Member Posts: 89 ■■■□□□□□□□
What is it you do? Is it a product or service that you sell?
Do you have an Ebook or ecourse? Podcast or Video?
Who/What do you use for the site hosting and platform?

I am thinking of creating a business website with Wordpress and Aweber for email marketing.
Going to try and sell services and products I have access to...
and see if I can make some extra spending dollars and stretch it farther.

Comments

• ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used to do podcasts and people listened. I had about 100 listeners and did shows twice a week. I may get back into it. I do have a business I want to start.... doing computer forensics/pen testing but thats for the future :D
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
  • gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I do, I sell vape supplies. No, I do not have an ebook or ecourse or podcast or video.

I use Shopify because of price and ease of use.
    gncsmith wrote: »
    I do, I sell vape supplies. No, I do not have an ebook or ecourse or podcast or video.

I use Shopify because of price and ease of use.

VAPE NATIONNNNNNNN!!!!! \//\ icon_cheers.gif
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
  • gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ITSpectre wrote: »
    VAPE NATIONNNNNNNN!!!!! \//\ icon_cheers.gif

Hahaha!
  • tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I run a record label (Seriously!) including a web store with a mailorder for CDs and vinyl. I've hosted through Directnic and others. Do my own website management (code the old fashioned way, in HTML) including most of my own graphics. I do my own distribution, marketing, and promotion with some social media help from some friends. Would like to expand my reach eventually. Only so much time in the day, what with work, family, and studying for certs and all. Been doing this on the side for 20 years. All profits go back into the business. I figure that if all goes well, this will be my retirement business.

A couple of the penetration testers that I worked with at my last job ran their own security companies on the side. A couple of them are extremely successful. They include security assessments, training, ISO/CISO as a service, etc. They usually have websites and promote wherever they can. Network at conferences, etc. They also speak at conferences, which helps to grow their business. One of my former clients (I used the manage the pentest team) at my old job quit his university CISO job to launch his own security business. He's done a lot of networking (the in-person kind) and has aggressively pursued clients over the last year and is doing quite well now.

A lot of people are doing their own thing, but it does take a lot of work.
    tedjames wrote: »
    I run a record label (Seriously!) including a web store with a mailorder for CDs and vinyl. I've hosted through Directnic and others. Do my own website management (code the old fashioned way, in HTML) including most of my own graphics. I do my own distribution, marketing, and promotion with some social media help from some friends. Would like to expand my reach eventually. Only so much time in the day, what with work, family, and studying for certs and all. Been doing this on the side for 20 years. All profits go back into the business. I figure that if all goes well, this will be my retirement business.

A couple of the penetration testers that I worked with at my last job ran their own security companies on the side. A couple of them are extremely successful. They include security assessments, training, ISO/CISO as a service, etc. They usually have websites and promote wherever they can. Network at conferences, etc. They also speak at conferences, which helps to grow their business. One of my former clients (I used the manage the pentest team) at my old job quit his university CISO job to launch his own security business. He's done a lot of networking (the in-person kind) and has aggressively pursued clients over the last year and is doing quite well now.

A lot of people are doing their own thing, but it does take a lot of work.

I can sing! I would love to work with your label....