Options

How to calculate CPE points if you have CISSP + CCSP or other certs?

SeabSeab Member Posts: 127
Hi,

Still waiting for the endorsement process, but looking at the next cert to do, probably before the end of the year, or early next year.
Mostly interrested into ISSAP and CCSP at the moment, possibly CEH.

So, if I get CCSP, how many CPE points do I need per year?

According to ISC2 : https://www.isc2.org/maintaining-your-credential.aspx
CISSP : 120 cpe / 3 year and 40 per year.
ISSAP : No CPE point is required per year as you need to maintain the CISSP.
CCSP : 90 cpe / 3 year, 30 per year.

Is it cumulative?
CISSP + CCSP = 210 CPE per year? Certainly not impossible, but still require some consideration and planning.

About CEH, not sure if there is any point system to maintain that cert. If not, it is a plus if it is a one time push. I considere CEH useful as people assume security experts already have that kind of knowledge.

Comments

• Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You can claim 30 CPE points under CISSP when you pass CCSP.
    Subsequently, if a new activity covers domain for both certs, clock it twice under CISSP and CCSP.

For CEH, you need to clock 120 credits over a 3 year period. There is no annual credit requirement.. The easiest way is to take another exam such as CCSP. Non EC Council exams are worth 40 credits while EC Council exams are worth 120 credits. EC Council will issue a free certification voucher at the end of your credit cycle. See https://cert.eccouncil.org/membership.html.

So you can probably do this

Pass CCSP : Claim 30 credits under CISSP
    Pass CEH : Claim 30 credits under CISSP and CCSP
  • Options
    SeabSeab Member Posts: 127
    Make sense, thanks Mike7!
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    When you have access to your Add/Edit page it will become ever so much easier to track the automagic entries. The above advice is likewise, easily followed.

Good luck,

b/eads