Options

CCSP Endorsement and CPE

abhikuabhiku Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed CCSP today afternoon. QQ on endorsement.

I'm CISSP and CISSP-ISSMP. Can I self-endorsed the form for CCSP endorsement? I can't find instruction in CCSP exam outline.

What exactly I should fill in Endorsement section?
https://www.isc2.org/uploadedfiles/certification_programs/endorsement.pdf

Also how many self study CPE I can claim?

Thanks for the advice!

Comments

• Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats. I usually clock 30 hours upon passing one exam.

Your CISSP fulfils the CCSP experience requirements. Check the endorsement form for details.
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    For CCSP you can submit your paperwork without being endorsed by someone else. You can claim I believe 40 CPE's towards the CISSP.
  • Options
  • Options
    TheFORCE wrote: »
    For CCSP you can submit your paperwork without being endorsed by someone else. You can claim I believe 40 CPE's towards the CISSP.

Do I still need to fill employment history on the endorsement form? www.isc2.org/endorsement-form.aspx

This was listed on email that just came from ISC2.

"Due to the experience requirements for the CCSP, members that hold the CISSP credential do not need an endorser for their Endorsement Application Form. CISSP members are required to complete and sign the application in order to achieve the CCSP credential."
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yes you still need to fill out employment history but the same experience that got you your CISSP can be used as well.
  • Options
    Yes you still need to fill out employment history but the same experience that got you your CISSP can be used as well.

Ok thanks,

Got CISSP 8 years ago. Need to look for all supervisors name/contact infoicon_sad.gif
  • Options

Sent the endorsement form last night with all the employment information.

got email this morning with acceptance of endorsement and award of CCSP certification. ISC2 is very fast now these days:)
  • Options
    RebootnyRebootny Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats OP.

How was the exam and what did you use to study for it?
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Either you need to have the ISC(2) to endorse you or find an ISC(2) certification holder to endorse you. I know it sounds silly when you have 2-4 certifications from the same organization that one should have to seek out a peer to do so but... ah well. Those are the rules.

Done this a couple of times myself.

Always feel silly when I do.

- b/eads
  • Options
    RebootnyRebootny Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    is not the case that if he is already a CISSP he does not need any endorsement?
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    @Rebootny;

Please find a link or case that says otherwise. Yes, you need another cert holder to sponsor the new cert. Perhaps you missed the point where I said I have done this twice myself. Once for the concentration and the other for the HCISPP. By the way, the first person to pass the HCISPP is in England, I was the second. How would you expect either of us to find a grandfathered cert holder to endorse either one of us? Hint, when we took that exam there were 34 grandfathered certs but we had no idea where most were. As it turned out, most were in the UK.

The instructions are quite clear when you read the acceptance. icon_study.gif

- b/eads
  • Options
    Rebootny wrote: »
    Congrats OP. How was the exam and what did you use to study for it?
    Overall the exam was not that difficult or I will say didn't find it that way. I work for one of the big 4'c companies and had several cloud security strategy engagements. I finished all the questions in about 90 minutes. I usually mark all question for review (double check my work always:). Had confusion on about 6-7 qns. and did change the answer on my review.for the study- I did read CCSP CBK once that I bought in Dec. I will say skip it if you want to save time. Just spend that extra time on CSA, ENISA, ISO, NIST and other Cloud security documents. See the attached pic on my cloud security folder that I used for study. File name should be self explanatory, if not ping me I will let you know the source of file.

• Options
    beads wrote: »
    @Rebootny;

Please find a link or case that says otherwise. Yes, you need another cert holder to sponsor the new cert. Perhaps you missed the point where I said I have done this twice myself. Once for the concentration and the other for the HCISPP. By the way, the first person to pass the HCISPP is in England, I was the second. How would you expect either of us to find a grandfathered cert holder to endorse either one of us? Hint, when we took that exam there were 34 grandfathered certs but we had no idea where most were. As it turned out, most were in the UK.

The instructions are quite clear when you read the acceptance. icon_study.gif

- b/eads

I signed the form myself and sent it. In the ISC2 email this was listed.

"Due to the experience requirements for the CCSP, members that hold the CISSP credential do not need an endorser for their Endorsement Application Form. CISSP members are required to complete and sign the application in order to achieve the CCSP credential."
  • Options
    rodman1919rodman1919 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    abhiku wrote: »
    Overall the exam was not that difficult or I will say didn't find it that way. I work for one of the big 4'c companies and had several cloud security strategy engagements. I finished all the questions in about 90 minutes. I usually mark all question for review (double check my work always:). Had confusion on about 6-7 qns. and did change the answer on my review.for the study- I did read CCSP CBK once that I bought in Dec. I will say skip it if you want to save time. Just spend that extra time on CSA, ENISA, ISO, NIST and other Cloud security documents. See the attached pic on my cloud security folder that I used for study. File name should be self explanatory, if not ping me I will let you know the source of file.

Hi mate,

Would I be able to get a look at some of your CCSP documents in that folder?

I'm currently studying/cramming for it now, and would really love some insights to help :)

Thanks a lot!!
    Rod