Options

Passed A+ 802 yesterday!

GerkenGerken Registered Users Posts: 3 ■■■□□□□□□□
I finally passed the A+ 220-802 yesterday. I passed the 801 a while back...Like in January. Then I figured I'd be able to pass the 802 at around the same time as well. I failed the 802 the first time (Due to lack of studying and figuring it would be a breeze.) and then I got preoccupied with school and couldn't really find much time to study after that. DON'T TAKE THE FIRST EXAM, AND WAIT FOR MONTHS TO TAKE THE SECOND. You'll most likely forget a TON of info, and studying will be a pain in the ass. Just some advice for the people who plan on taking the 901 and 902. I'm relieved to finally be A+ certified, but I'm wondering which cert I should go for next? I'm pretty interested in Networking and I'm taking some Cisco courses in school. Any advice on the Network +? Or CCNA? Thanks guys.

Comments

• Options
    TrucidoTrucido Member Posts: 250 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!

I'd say N+ before CCENT/CCNA unless you're already very familiar with everything involved.
    2017 Certification Goals
    CompTIA A+ [ ] CompTIA Net+ [ ] CompTIA Sec+ [ ] CCENT [ ] ITIL [ ]
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! :)

I would do the Network+ next before jumping into the CCNA just to give you the fundamental basics of networking.
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    FillAwfulFillAwful Member Posts: 119 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!!
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    msolarimsolari Registered Users Posts: 2 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Gerken. Like you I passed 801 in April then waited till early this month to take 802. That was a stupid mistake and caused me to rush and retake this week (which I passed). I just want to say thanks to everyone on this blog who shared their experiences and also with some insight. Looking forward to N+.
  • Options
    AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"