Options

Anybody else going to BlackHat?

jcundiffjcundiff Member Posts: 486 ■■■■□□□□□□
If so are you going just for the Briefings? or Training? or Both? I will be there Sunday through Friday. I am doing the briefings and training, going through the Maltego training course the 1st and 2nd.

Anybody else?
"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard" - Tim Notke

Comments

• Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'll be there! No training at this time, just the briefings and such.
  • Options
    ChinookChinook Member Posts: 206
    Just a footnote:

Prior to going to Blackhat, wipe your PC (or get a spare one). Turn off your phone too. Once you arrive home DBAN your laptop & start over icon_wink.gif. I'd recommend the same thing at Defcon.
  • Options
    SaSkillerSaSkiller Member Posts: 337 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I couldn't justify it. No company paying and everyone says BH isn't worth it. But i'll be at DefCon.
    OSWP, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, CPT, CCENT, CompTIA Trio.
  • Options
    tmtextmtex Member Posts: 326 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Chinook wrote: »
    Just a footnote:

Prior to going to Blackhat, wipe your PC (or get a spare one). Turn off your phone too. Once you arrive home DBAN your laptop & start over icon_wink.gif. I'd recommend the same thing at Defcon.

Why ? No I am not going
  • Options
    SaSkillerSaSkiller Member Posts: 337 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Two words, HACKER CONFERENCE.

Not everyone there is the white hat kind. Assume every wireless network is fake/compromised. Assume someone is using a zero day ready to compromise whatever OS you are using.

Of course nation states send individuals there as well so, take that as you will.
    OSWP, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, CPT, CCENT, CompTIA Trio.
  • Options
    jcundiffjcundiff Member Posts: 486 ■■■■□□□□□□
    SaSkiller wrote: »
    Two words, HACKER CONFERENCE.

Not everyone there is the white hat kind. Assume every wireless network is fake/compromised. Assume someone is using a zero day ready to compromise whatever OS you are using.

Of course nation states send individuals there as well so, take that as you will.

Yeah exactly what he said ! :) it can get ugly but there are also some excellent learning opportunities there as well
    "Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard" - Tim Notke
  • Options
    doctorlexusdoctorlexus Member Posts: 217
    Well, I knew I was going to defcon, but it turns out I might end up at blackhat as well, depending on how things work out. Never been to either.

Just finished loading Win10 32bit on an ancient Thinkpad (so old that it won't take a 64bit OS) to take to the conferences. I'll get on the open wireless network. Should be an adventure.